Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Down By The River

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MikeP Posted - 07/06/2005 : 02:32:19
Being a bit of a Neilnut on the quiet, apart from visiting this site very regularily I also visit a couple of excellent Young fansites, Thrashers Wheat - www.thrasherswheat.com - and Bad News Beat - www.bad-news-beat.org
After accepting an ASCAP award last month, Neil went on to do a jam session at The Shrine in LA wherein he played a version of Down By The River HALF AN HOUR LOHG --- and then followed that with Everyone Knows This Is Nowhere. If anyone feels they can handle this and has the gear - I don't - this is apparently available to listen to as a 'Bit Torrent' via the 17/5 TW and 16/5 BNB entries respectively. Sounds like another one of those gigs I wish I'd been at... enjoy.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MikeP Posted - 17/06/2005 : 01:09:56
Just found out his dad died Sunday. A physical knock followed by an emoional one in the space of a few weeks. Spare a thought.
MikeP Posted - 16/06/2005 : 23:47:04
I feel that I've grown up and grown old with the guy. I've seen him when I can for the best part of thirty years now. If/when he tours over here again I'll be there. The first time I saw him he was touring Zuma. He gave Like A Hurricane its UK premiere, with Sampedro on mellotron, and a big fan blowing his hair horizontally, and he gave Midnight On The Bay, which subsequently appeared on the Stills Young Band LP its world premiere. Just him in his big lumberjack jacket and big acoustic to match. A gorgeous moment. The most recent time I saw him was a stadium gig. Whereas the at the first I was twenty feet away, this time I was on the very back row, and he was a dot underneath a stetson. However, that didn't really matter, especially when he finished his encores with a version of Cinnamon Girl every bit as good, maybe even better than on EKTIN. I headed for the door with a mile wide grin. A very special artist.
bob f. Posted - 16/06/2005 : 03:07:53
i saw N.Young in '66 at the Valley Music Theater, Woodland Hills, in the Buffalo Springfield! the other band that night: The Byrds! those were special days, indeed!!!
LarryNYC Posted - 15/06/2005 : 21:40:33
I saw Neil back in 2000 at Farm Aid in Virginia, he did both those tracks plus Cowgirl in The Sand it was awesome. Everybody Knows is my fave NY album

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page