Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 The Stooges in London

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
caryne Posted - 13/05/2005 : 16:41:49
Life is great (almost) got tickets this morning to see The Stooges do 'Fun House' at the Hammersmith Apollo on August 30th.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
caryne Posted - 21/06/2005 : 21:01:58
Thanks, thought it was a bit soon for another show on the same person!
Saucy Jack Posted - 21/06/2005 : 17:15:20
Yes, it was a repeat. Was a good 'un though.
MikeP Posted - 21/06/2005 : 13:45:23
Not sure. Looked very recent, though. The paper didn't say it was a repeat
caryne Posted - 21/06/2005 : 08:53:47
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

Anyone else see Iggy on the South Bank show on Sunday? Seeing him being interviewed by the bouffant Mr. Bragg was a bit surreal, but a fine programme nonetheless. Lots of footage from early days to now, inc, the reunion. He's still got 'it'. Wish I was going..

Wasn't Iggy on the SB show a while back, was that a repeat? I didn't see it as I was at a gig (Smog...great artist but I know Larry would hate him! lol)but just wondering if it's the same show I saw before?
MikeP Posted - 21/06/2005 : 02:04:12
Anyone else see Iggy on the South Bank show on Sunday? Seeing him being interviewed by the bouffant Mr. Bragg was a bit surreal, but a fine programme nonetheless. Lots of footage from early days to now, inc, the reunion. He's still got 'it'. Wish I was going..
caryne Posted - 25/05/2005 : 20:21:38
quote:
Originally posted by Lizzyb

well...won't forget the intro to the plastic trousered one

actually i was thinking of terence trent darby when TTD's vibrator came out - pretty spectacular

good show anyway

Keep on shining

Oh, don't get me started on TTD...he is so gorgeous (sorry lads ) saw him live about eighteen months ago and he still had it...have to add the voice is stunning too
Lizzyb Posted - 25/05/2005 : 19:02:24
well...won't forget the intro to the plastic trousered one

actually i was thinking of terence trent darby when TTD's vibrator came out - pretty spectacular

good show anyway

Keep on shining
caryne Posted - 25/05/2005 : 08:18:07
quote:
Originally posted by Lizzyb

I will never forget ole iggy on the white room TV show...

good show - had a lot of great to see as well as hear performers on it. imho

Keep on shining

So it's those clear plastic trousers you are thinking of then, Lizzy, not his performance?
Lizzyb Posted - 24/05/2005 : 20:53:50
I will never forget ole iggy on the white room TV show...

good show - had a lot of great to see as well as hear performers on it. imho

Keep on shining
caryne Posted - 14/05/2005 : 23:00:06
Yep, I've got that live DVD, it is a good one. Really looking forward to that gig, this summer is looking better than ever
steve64 Posted - 14/05/2005 : 17:22:43
I saw that Stooges gig listed yesterday and got a ticket last time I saw Iggy Pop was at Reading Festival in the 80's with ex members of Hanoi Rocks and U.K. Subs in his band the Stooges are also playing Reading Festival this year on the sunday ... it is all the original Stooges except bassist Dave Alexander who is dead! Mike Watt - ex the Minutemen and Firehose is on bass.. they released a live dvd last year of a gig from August 2003 and it is great

hey ho! lets go!
Allan Posted - 14/05/2005 : 16:21:14
Caryne...you're in for a real treat. Wish I was there
caryne Posted - 14/05/2005 : 15:56:06
Oh yes, Iggy will be there. I too have seen Iggy a few times before, though not for around twenty years, but never seen The Stooges...and performing 'Fun House', sounds good to me.
Sadly I was only seven in 1969 so didn't attend many gigs then!
Allan Posted - 14/05/2005 : 15:52:14
Caryne...I saw The Stooges in 1969. It was one of my most memorable concerts. At one point, Iggy looked like he was scratching himself on his arms with long, deep scratching movements, and it looked like he drew blood. I found out much later on that this was one of Iggy's 'stage' routines. Their music was loud...REAL loud. In 1969, I was used to hearing music by Hendrix, The Dead, The Airplane, The Doors, Steppenwolf, etc. But The Stooges were totally unique. When they ended their set, the audience was just stunned. No Applause. Everyone there was just sitting with their mouths on the floor, in a WTF was that kind of look. The Stogges just calmly walked off the stage, and the entire audience just had their minds blown. I still love listening to that first Stooges LP, and I even have the CD...'No Fun' and 'I wanna be your dog' are killer.

Is Iggy going to be with them?

Allan

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page