Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 old folkie looking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
riverman Posted - 29/03/2005 : 03:39:39
i was hoping someone over the pond could help me. I am,besides a love fan also a fan of Lindesfarne and wondering if they have any reuion plans. Info in canada is nill,and there are no websites listed.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
riverman Posted - 30/03/2005 : 06:33:42
Hey old fart,i am no spring chicken either. You are right the be good tanyas are outstanding. As far as Nick Drake goes i have been a fan since 72 when on a trip to London i first heard his music. The problem in my area of Canada is we are so close to the U.S. border that every act tries to make their mark down south. My nights off of work are mostley mondays and tuesdays, nights most bars and pubs that have live music are dark,and all the good local acts i have seen over and over. And as for the big acts it is the same old crap coming through. Gee i can hardley wait for the Motley Crue and Bryan Adams tour to hit town,15,000 metal heads who have never heard of Arthur Lee and Love. OH thanks for letting me rant.
oldfartatplay Posted - 29/03/2005 : 21:21:51
Hi riverman - If you are a fan of Lindesfarne style english folk-rock/roots style music,then check out John Tams who has made several outstanding albums,although he is best known for his work on the Napoleonic drama 'Sharpe',in which he both acted.and composed the soundtrack.If the sound of mandolins,guitars & occasional accordians lifts you're spirits,then the late great Ronnie Lane and his band Slim Chance also made some fabulous albums (All re-issued on CD),along with his chums Gallagher & Lyle,and the Sutherland Brothers.Of the current crop of UK bands,'Show of Hands '(featuring the mighty Phil Beer on truly awesome guitar & mandolin)are definitely worth checking out.Life can't be all bad in Canada though ,as it is home to 'The Be-Good Tanyas',who have made two fine albums,and are a great live act.However,the best kept secret awards must go to Scotland's Jackie Leven,and Oz's 'The Waifs'- check them out too.Now,I'm guessing that you are almost certainly a Nick Drake fan,so I think that you might take a shine to another wonderful singer-songwriter who died too young ,but left us two magical albums as her legacy.Move heaven & earth to get hold of 'Judee Sill' and 'Heartfood' by Judee Sill (re-released only on expensive Japanese imports over here I believe).Sorry for the ol' timer's ramble,but 'if music be the food of Love.etc......!'
LarryNYC Posted - 29/03/2005 : 07:41:20
And this confirms it
http://www.lindisfarne.de/home1.htm
LarryNYC Posted - 29/03/2005 : 07:01:39
http://www.explore-music.com/music/L/Lindisfarne_(band).html
Disbanded 2003 according to this.
LarryNYC Posted - 29/03/2005 : 06:57:08
http://members.tripod.com/rant58/id492.htm This might help you riverman.
I had the pleasure of promoting Alan Hull solo at the Spiders Web Grimsby back in 94, a really great night.
Alan is sadly missed.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page