Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Cream again!?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bob f. Posted - 15/03/2005 : 04:03:01
is it true? CREAM to play England?! strange brew , indeed!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tina Posted - 03/05/2005 : 19:26:06
Thanks a lot Gill, I'm really looking forward to it - the first reviews are out and they're favourable! It was pure luck that I won the tickets - not skill like Colin's competitions on Offshore Music Radio (LOL) - tell him nice pen from me!
Gill Posted - 03/05/2005 : 17:19:39
Well done on winning the Cream tickets Tina. I went to the first show last night and it was pretty amazing. All three of them performed fantastically well and the guitar solos were just about the right length for me - not really too extended. Ginger Baker's drumming was out of this world so all in all a night out to remember.

Love
Gill
Allan Posted - 03/05/2005 : 16:20:44
Great link, Larry. Thank you!! I saw Cream 3 times back in the day. I remember well when Clapton was referred to as 'G-D'. The last time was on the Good-bye tour...it was in a small venue 'in the round' in a tent somewhere in NJ. Crossroads was magnificent. Baker looked quite emaciated

Allan
LarryNYC Posted - 03/05/2005 : 05:21:16
Here you go folks
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,14936-1595943,00.html
oldfartatplay Posted - 02/05/2005 : 21:04:12
Hi Allan - The current line-up for the Yardbirds includes the core of original members Chris Dreja(Rythmn Guitar/Vocals) and Jim McCarthy (Drums/Vocals),long-term US member(& honorary Brit)John Idan (Bass/Lead Vocals),Alan Glen ex-British R & B legends Nine Below Zero (Harmonica/Vocals),and the recent recruit(and another guitar legend in his own right)Jerry Donahue (Lead Guitar).Any Fender players will probably already know Jerry as an ace picker/slide player(ex-Fairport Convention & countless sessions),but he comfortably fills the shoes of all the former Yardbird guitar gods of yor,and the line-up as a whole really do the legend full justice.I was particularly impressed by the more obscure album tracks that they re-visited,and they also have some worthwhile recent originals - they also know how to build a show,and they got better and better as the evening went on,leaving us all baying for more.A great gig!There is more info about the US tour on their official website - www.theyardbirds.com Hope that you can catch them later in the summer Allan.Shine On!
Rufus Presley Posted - 01/05/2005 : 19:00:08
Three old geezers re-living their 'golden-youth' . C'mon guys n' gals ; don't be fooled by hype.This is a cynical money-spinning exercise.A re-union????.......Eric Clapton had never gone in order to come back.
I resent the whole venture.
Allan Posted - 01/05/2005 : 14:26:43
Tina...Congrats on your win for the 3 tickets to Cream. I'm sure it will be an evening to remember. I thought that I read a few months ago that EC would not have thought about a reunion if the primary reason was for money. But at those prices-what else could it be for.

oldfartaplay...Please tell me who's in the lineup for the current Yardbirds.

Allan
Tina Posted - 30/04/2005 : 21:25:57
Will let you know how it goes oldfartatplay - intelligence says its Eric trying to get a pension together for Ginger and Jack - and why not, nothing wrong with that.
oldfartatplay Posted - 30/04/2005 : 20:38:18
Hi Tina - I hope that they do their legend justice.I watched the BBC4 re-run of the last Albert Hall show yesterday,and remembered just how tedious their extended work-outs could be.Don't get me wrong,I still love the classic shorter tracks such as 'Badge','Strange Brew' etc...(inc my fave'Tales of Brave Ullyses').With tickets changing hands for nearly 2 grand a piece(see e-bay),they'd better be good.I paid £10.00 the other night to see the current 'Yardbirds' deliver an absolutely blistering set - Love'sters, catch 'em if you can!( They're on their way to the States soon).Loooking forward to your field-reports Tina - have a great evening!
Tina Posted - 29/04/2005 : 22:19:46
And guess what - I've just had some fantastic good fortune and won three Cream tickets for next Friday night at the Royal Albert Hall, so am going along with my husband and brother - will report back later

There is a God (and Eric is his name!!)

steve64 Posted - 15/03/2005 : 20:40:15
the Cream gigs are at the Royal Albert Hall in london which was where they played their final shows in 1968... tickets were not cheap either and the gigs are now sold out .. info at http://www.jackbruce.com

hey ho! lets go!
jimmyboy Posted - 15/03/2005 : 04:38:31
YES ITS TRUE.I FIRST HEARD ABOUT IT ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO..ITS 3 OR 4 NIGHTS AND A DVD IS DEFENITLEY
ON THE AGENDA.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page