Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Harrison in RS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rocker Posted - 15/09/2011 : 14:26:21
Just an fyi..I picked up Rolling Stone seeing Harrison on the cover.
Harrison sure lived a life especially after the Beatles. All those people shouting and screaming at him when he was a Beatle chnaged him profoundly. Later on, he was "happy as Larry" just being a gardener on his estate. Fame'll do it to ya!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rocker Posted - 16/09/2011 : 14:27:52
As I was reading the piece, it hit me that with great pleasure comes great pain. I probably have no conception of how Harrison got freaked out being a Beatle. I mean a million girls didn't scream at me...;-)....Like you say, it's evident that his spiritualism helped him to get some peace and quiet and to ground him in what really matters to human beings. I listen to his songs now much educated in the quiet Beatle.
captain america and billy Posted - 15/09/2011 : 20:00:29
The single biggest catalyst in Harrison's rather seemingly non-chalant approach to his celebrity was of course his conversion to Hinduism.Studies do show that strict religious conviction can build strong character.The tennis with Dylan or ANYone would provide most people with some sort of adequate pressure relief.All common sense,really.Hey,what did old George sing when he played tennis anyway?"All You Need is Forty Love"?(Ha Ha).Let's all keep Harrison in our hearts as we near the tenth anniversary of his death on November 29th,which was probably the inspiration for the Rolling Stone cover.
rocker Posted - 15/09/2011 : 19:21:27
And that had to balance Harrison's serious side! And in the piece it was really cool to see him in a picture playing tennis with none other than his idol Dylan. I figure he was having a good time hitting that ball.
captain america and billy Posted - 15/09/2011 : 15:18:30
Harrison ceratinly downplayed alot ot his fame.His head always down pointed in proper spiritual direction.I know he did love his cars though.He even struck up a famous relationship with racing car legend Jackie Stewart and George wrote a song called "Faster" for his 1979 self titled album in his honor.And the gardening..WELL!Did you ever see photos of his grounds at Friar Park.Amazing.Enough gardening to keep one busy for years.On the inside gatefold of the "Dark Horse" l.p.,you can see a good shot of the expansive real estate.The man George is walking with in the picture is none other than comic legend Peter Sellers.
harvey Posted - 15/09/2011 : 15:11:40
I read a story that he once had a car called a 'Rocket' and there were very few in the country and someone from the sales team asked if he would drive it on a demonstration run up the hill at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and he said 'why me, I'm not famous'.
If you want to see a very young George playing in bands, just follow his son Dhani, he looks identical.
Harvey the roadie
captain america and billy Posted - 15/09/2011 : 15:09:55
INdeed,just as some lets the whold fame thing go to their egos,Harrison flipped the philosophy and concluded that most people go a bit overboard in their considerations of the celebrated.John Lennon reacted the same way,always laboring mentally hard to understand just why everyone wants to makle such a big deal out of a pop band.In John's case,I think Prinal therapy made him grasp the simple concept that underneath all the celebrity hulabaloo,all you have and are is you.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page