Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 re Let it be not out on dvd ... uh why?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Joe Morris Posted - 20/05/2011 : 04:33:04
Am I the only one who LoVEs this album?

the recent remaster of this album (2009) makes you just wanna blast the damn thing - and the sound on the live trax COOK

Great great stuff

Unbelievable that you can't find the film unless you come across the original video release from the early 80s (good luck!)
or a laserdisk

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 25/05/2011 : 00:18:49
The Beatles as the Goons

and, also, a big hand please, for the man who wrote "Don't pass me by"!

the best book on the band remains Shout!

curious Red Album omissions - I've just seen a face, For no one, You won't see me. Why that album is out on 2CDs I can't imagine!

lemonade kid Posted - 24/05/2011 : 17:22:45
I love "Old Brown Shoe"...
"now I'm stepping out, baby I'm In love with you...."

Paul's bass line is genius!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x0FUZgbtHc

captain america and billy Posted - 24/05/2011 : 15:11:50
Always curious to know how "You Know my Name" would have sounded around the opening John and Paul never finished.Nice alto sax by Rolling tone founding member Brian Jones.
Joe Morris Posted - 24/05/2011 : 04:24:48
Klein put together the blue and red albums, according to the recent Doggett book (You never give me your money)

lot of people grew up on those sets, though why "Old Brown Shoe" made the cut is of course anyones guess!!

and no "You know my name (look up the number)" !!
captain america and billy Posted - 21/05/2011 : 15:08:01
Tell you what.Back in '73 there were two Beatles greatest hits collections inexplicably available...on TELEVISION!The sets were called "Alpha to Omega" and as soon as the Beatles and Apple found this out,they immediately put out the red and blue compilatioons.Perhaps if Paul,Ringo and the widows of John and George disocver the existnece of this dvd,they will folow suit with their own legitimate release.
Joe Morris Posted - 20/05/2011 : 23:35:59
did I pass 30 Days along to you - have that on dvd

great great album

Too bad another album (to be entitled Hot As Sun) never materialized. They were still capable of giving an incredible amount and Let it be is definitely a peak for the band. Strong strong songs, and Paul was never writing as good songs - "Let it be" is practically gospel
lemonade kid Posted - 20/05/2011 : 18:23:49
"30 DAYS"

http://www.knology.net/~jfksmusic/Days.html

The ULTIMATE "Let It Be Collection"...still only a bootleg as far as i know....

The Beatles - 30 Days
The Ultimate Get Back Sessions Collection

DISK 1 - 66:07 | The Best of the Twickenham Sessions Part One..
DISK 2 - 71:22 | The Best Of The Twickenham Sessions Part Two..
DISK 3 - 70:12 | The Best Of The Twickenham Sessions Part Three..
DISK 4 - 68:16 | The Best Of The Twickenham Sessions Part Four..
DISK 5 - 67:12 | The Best Of The Apple Studio Sessions Part One..
DISK 6 - 68:10 | The Best Of The Apple Studio Sessions Part Two..
DISK 7 - 68:28 | The Best Of The Apple Studio Sessions Part Three..
DISK 8 - 65:53 | The Best Of The Apple Studio Sessions Part Four..
DISK 9 - 71:28 | The Best Of The Apple Studio Sessions Part Five..
DISK 10 - 72:21 | The Best Of The Apple Studio Sessions Part Six..
DISK 11 - 72:45 | The Best Of The Apple Studio Sessions Part Seven..
DISK 12 - 72:06 | The Best Of The Apple Studio Sessions Part Eight..
DISK 13 - 67:47 | The Best Of The Apple Studio Sessions Part Nine..
DISK 14 - 46:14 | The Complete Apple Rooftop Concert..
DISK 15 - 63:28 | The Complete Apple Studio Performance Part One..
DISK 16 - 50:13 The Complete Apple Studio Performance Part Two..
DISK 17- 43:33 | Glyn John's First Get Back Compilation..

Therea are several bootleg versions easily available "out there".

Joe Morris Posted - 20/05/2011 : 16:20:01
the fact that Billy happened to be touring with Ray Charles in the UK and that George wanted him at the Let It Be rehearsals probably helped the Beatles survived. The relationship between McCartney & Lennon was clearly in trouble (due to Apple, Yoko, bad vibes)

I think they even hired a tarot card reader (!) in order to make decisions around this time, although Allen Klein hadn't yet entered the picture

Billy saved the Beatles at that point, although the fact that George split during rehearsals and Lennon wanted to replace him with Clapton...

Not good
captain america and billy Posted - 20/05/2011 : 15:48:03
Preston's guest appearances with others both on stage and record combined with his own personal works could easily provide fodder for an entire topic on this site.The Ray Charles protege was without question one of the most naturally gifted musical technicians ever.In a dvd about the making of John Lennon's "Plastic Ono Band" L.P.,Ringo Starr remarked that he had known Billy since he was sixteen and NEVER personally witnessed him EVER putting his fingers on the wrong keys.What's "30 Days"?A newly issued documentary about the making of "Let it Be"?I know there were previously over a hundred hours of unreleased footage and music.Have these finally come to light?
Joe Morris Posted - 20/05/2011 : 15:26:42
I have the complete Let it be rooftop (thank you Yellow Dog!) and 30 Days (the complete month)

Great great stuff. LOVE that period, though the band was breaking up (again) (this time George the one to leave - Paul would be the last to leave and would use it to promote McCartney (!)

The Walk, all those oldies, like Buddy's Mailman Bring me no more blues

Must've been fun for Preston to be guesting on THOSE sessions! And the Beatles gave him all due credit (The Beatles with Billy Preston
read the "Get Back" single, the best thing they cut during those sessions
captain america and billy Posted - 20/05/2011 : 15:15:09
I heard Sir Paul has been trying to block the film's dvd release due to the scene infamous among us Beatle freaks that lets the audience have a listen in on an argument between Paul and the late George Harrison involving a guitar riff.Sorry,SIr Paul.A film company owns the rights to your images as they appear in the film and you can'[t even contend on the grounds of music rights.Petition Sony/ATV to sympathize with your position if you really wanna halt this one.Of course,that ultimately won't happen.There's too much gold in them thar hills for the movies copyright holders to pass up on this cash cow.Just the rooftop concert at the end alone is more than sufficient reason for anyone to want to have this one at home disposal.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page