Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 bad album covers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bob f. Posted - 19/05/2011 : 02:38:00
http://www.jimlawrence77.net/LPCOVERS/LPcovers.html

...what the world needs now...
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
captain america and billy Posted - 21/05/2011 : 15:47:59
These people would have been better off if they just had their names and album titles stenciled on there in black and white!Look at the White Album.Almost literally nothing there and its one of the ten or twelve most classic covers ever!I don't know.Maybe these people are all just masochists or something and there's a ceratin thrill they get from the sheer humiliation.
lemonade kid Posted - 20/05/2011 : 02:03:15
So bad, bob...so funny!

markk Posted - 19/05/2011 : 22:31:05
Thats great stuff Bob. I needed that today
lemonade kid Posted - 19/05/2011 : 17:58:53
PET SOUNDS has become so iconic as the NUMBER ONE ALBUM of all time on so many best of polls, it's hard to not like the cover...it is too much of a part of me to not defend with passion, like I would a child of mine!! So lay offa my PET SOUNDS!!

Cover art and title

On February 15, the group traveled to the San Diego Zoo to shoot the photographs for the cover of the new album, which had already been titled Pet Sounds.[13][18] According to the Pet Sounds' liner notes, "The photos of The Beach Boys feeding an assortment of goats was a play on the album's chosen title, Pet Sounds. The title came from Brian's wish to pay tribute to Phil Spector by naming the album using his initials, and the idea that the sounds heard on the album were Brian's 'pet,' or favorite, sounds. Exactly who came up with the idea for the title is disputed. Brian has credited Carl.

Carl, on the other hand, thought it was Brian: "The idea he had was that everybody has these sounds that they love, and this was a collection of his 'pet sounds.' It was hard to think of a name for the album, because you sure couldn't call it Shut Down Vol. 3." Mike also has laid claim to coming up with the title. "We were standing in the hallway in one of the recording studios, either Western or Columbia, and we didn't have a title," he recounted. "We had taken pictures at the zoo and ... there were animal sounds on the record, and we were thinking, well, it's our favorite music of that time, so I said, 'Why don't we call it Pet Sounds.'[13] George Jerman has been credited for taking the cover photo.[27]

captain america and billy Posted - 19/05/2011 : 15:43:55
Obviously,lnly locally recognized talents with little or no commercial probably won't have tgheir arms around some of the better graphic designers.But as far as bad covers from MAJOR acts...The Rolling Stones' Satanic Majesties Request" sprung immediately to mind.As if their foray into pyschedelia just to satisfy fan curiousity of how they might even dare to upstage the Beatles in this arena wasn't somewhat embarrassing in itself,the attempt here to try and create their own similar hodgepodge jacket was even far more pretentious.A much more successful take on the Fabs' latest innovation was the Mothers' "We're only In It For The Money".I also was never a big admirer of Led Aeppelin's visual concept for "Presence".I did get the idea, an entire family all with a Zen-like focus on the same inanimate object therefore creating true "presence" of mind,but the delivery was bland and therefore duly ineffective.And what about the "Pet Sounds" sleeve?.I've seen covers representing the artist with more dignity on Sesame Street designs!
rocker Posted - 19/05/2011 : 14:43:28
...amazing what was on the music radar back when!...

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page