Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 re Pink Floyd reissued Sept 2011

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Joe Morris Posted - 11/05/2011 : 01:45:23
Revealed today are details of a huge Pink Floyd release schedule, featuring all the studio albums newly remastered including unreleased music from the archives and collectors' box sets. With three of the major titles coming in three different editions each, there's an edition for every level of fan, from casual enthusiast, to the biggest Floydheads!

The comprehensive release schedule kicks off on September 26, 2011, and encompasses CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, an array of digital formats, viral marketing, iPhone Apps and a brand-new single-album 'Best Of' collection. Vinyl editions are also in the works for release in due course.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 04/12/2011 : 04:11:28
think Waters is playing Mexico. So's Robyn Hitchcock, with his backing band of Peter Buck, etc

Hope they're not targeted by the drug cartels
lemonade kid Posted - 03/12/2011 : 17:52:37
quote:
Originally posted by gya

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

Doubt they're gonna play too much together in future.

Yeah, me too. Will Gilmour play some concerts?

http://www.bchords.com

Occasional guest appearances like he did with the Pretties and with Waters & Mason in May of 2011. Waters said that was his own swan song. Hope not.

Isn't Waters on tour now? Or will be in early 2012 maybe--i seem to remember him saying that on LA radio.?
gya Posted - 03/12/2011 : 11:58:23
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

Doubt they're gonna play too much together in future.

Yeah, me too. Will Gilmour play some concerts?

http://www.bchords.com
Joe Morris Posted - 25/05/2011 : 22:18:30
Doubt they're gonna play too much together in future. Gilmour seems to be raising a family and is the lone hold out to any reunion

I think Nick Mason and Roger Waters still play on the odd live track, like if Rog is doing "Set the controls for the heart of the sun" as an encore at a live show

Hope the BBC take of that song from 1967 (off Top Gear) is part of the Saucerful of Secrets reissue, an album nearly as good as Piper!
captain america and billy Posted - 25/05/2011 : 19:38:19
Good to see old wounds are healed and Waters and Gilmour are playing nice again.I wonder if they ever make mention of any Syd Barrett dedications during their current shows.Perhaps before breaking into "Wish You Were Here"?
lemonade kid Posted - 25/05/2011 : 16:23:13
May 12 reunion...Waters, Gilmore, Mason

....Numb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L42YTWSJtI

At the wall...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTHX6VsU2ZA&NR=1

Sweet.

captain america and billy Posted - 14/05/2011 : 19:19:10
Pink will get rediscovered by new generations of collegiates every so often forever just as teh Beatles,Stones,and Zeppelin.The only measurable difference that will remain is the eternal shroud of mystery that always seems to encapsulate the group's classic rock rep.Unlike with the others,you could never and still CAN'T verbally articulate just WHAT that sound is when you try and drink in anything from the psych offerings to the grandiose visions of "The Wall".I myself have stopped trying.The whole matter is obscured by ethereal clouds.
ALLANAGAIN Posted - 14/05/2011 : 17:09:47
When i saw Floyd at Wembley Stadium in 1988, Waters had stopped Gilmour n co. from using the giant inflatable pig, as he had the copy -right to it or whatever.

A great chher rose from the crowd as a giant pig, complete with massive genetalia ( and therefore different enough to Waters pig to avoid legal problems) sailed over our heads!
captain america and billy Posted - 13/05/2011 : 18:02:21
All Floyd's for knighthood for their contributions to British commerce and culture!(or should that be the other way around?)A posthmous recognition for Syd Barret as well!
Joe Morris Posted - 12/05/2011 : 23:49:57
a live 67 tape of the best quality was played this past weekend in Stockholm at the venue they had played in 1967 and looks like its gonna be part of the Piper reissue

http://floydinternational.blogspot.com/

the 7 disc (Bluray/DVD/CD) of the Dark Side album looks exhaustive - a live BBC concert, films, etc
lemonade kid Posted - 12/05/2011 : 19:38:43
These from RW....press release, big press party at Capitol...cool video....

and the pig has arrived....

Major Pink Floyd release campaign...at official site--
http://www.pinkfloyd.com/news/news_release.php

captain america and billy Posted - 12/05/2011 : 15:35:39
I would LOVE to see an entire two hour or so home video of some of the Floyd's better "liquid light" performances from the psych clubs of London circa 67.I believe their was a film made then,maybe its on dvd or old vhs tape.Its called something like "When The Lights Going Down in London" or something like that.or maybe these clips could be released in tandem with some similar Velvet Underground shows!
Joe Morris Posted - 12/05/2011 : 01:09:05
it seems a recently surfaced live show from 1967 is to be part of the Piper reissue

captain america and billy Posted - 12/05/2011 : 00:38:07
Reissues of "Dark Side" and "Wall" in duly enhanced forms will undoubtedly thrill critics and collegiates alike for sure.However,I believe the insistance of many on this network would be more concentration of some of the previously less investigated works,particualrly the ones involving Syd Barrett.If one were to delve deeply into at least the better of these including lyrics,one may find Barret's influence more abundant than he originally conceived,if he conceived of it at all.Barret and Lou Reed shared the same fundamental approach.They despised conventionalism and in further process actually were among those who helped unconventionalism actually became a very conventional mode of artistic conveyance.Perhaps this attitude was the grass roots of Punk and New Wave.By the way,does anyone else here recall their reactions to the back to back loses of both Barrett and Arthur Lee within two weeks of each other in 2006?
Joe Morris Posted - 11/05/2011 : 19:33:45
the Dark Side is something like 6 cds/dvd/blu ray discs

That'll do well - probably on the charts somewhere still!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page