Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 The Sons of Adam

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Allan Posted - 31/01/2005 : 15:31:41
I recently acquired what I believe to be a very obscure EP from The Sons of Adam. It is on the Moxie label-EP 1032 in Monophonic. It has 6 songs on it. The sleeve is really cool. On the back, it has a picture of a Whiskey A Go Go Poster headlining LOVE and The Sons of Adam from Oct 19 to Oct 30, 1966. On Oct 22, Buffalo Springfield also appeared. The tracks are from the 3 Singles that The Sons did get released.

Decca 31995...Mister You're A Better Man Than I/Saturdays Son
Alamo 5473 ...Feathered Fish/Baby Show The World
Decca 31887...Tomorrow's Gonna Be Another Day/Take My Hand

I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would ever hear any songs by The Sons. I am totally pleased.

Arthur gave Feathered Fish to The Sons. I haven't heard Arthur's version of Feathered Fish yet. Arthur also wanted to give '7 and 7 is' to The Sons, but we all know that didn't happen. I wonder if this was all part of a scheme by Arthur to get Michael Stuart away from The Sons and to LOVE for his drumming.

In any event, all of these songs are incredible. Randy Holden, the lead guitarist from The Sons, is superb. And you can easily hear Michael's chops quite evident on 'Mister You're A..., Feathered Fish, and especially on Baby Show...

Just another piece of that tremendous period of LA music during its heyday.

Allan
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Allan Posted - 31/01/2005 : 17:01:54
Torben...

That's an excellent link. I should have known that you would have had something on The Sons of Adam. Maybe next time I'll just e-mail my 'posts' to you, before I actually post. The Randy Holden interview is outstanding.

The Moxie EP that you show is the exact one I just obtained.

Michael Stuart is in fairly regular contact with Randy Holden. Michael recently sent me a pic of Randy with these words...

"I'm in regular contact with Randy Holden. He's married to an artist (they have a gallery near Laguna) who was recently commissioned to paint a portrait of The Pope. I'll try to send you a pic she took of the Pope and Randy interacting together."

When I can figure out how to Post that link to Randy's pic, I'll do it.

Great stuff, Torben. Thank You!!

Allan
torben Posted - 31/01/2005 : 16:08:55
You might want to take a look here:
http://love.torbenskott.dk/sonsofadam.asp

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page