Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 It was 50 years ago today

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 09/02/2011 : 20:58:11
February 9th 1961....The Cavern, Liverpool. There are at this time more than 200 rock and roll groups in the Liverpool area. But there is something slightly different about the one that is about to take to the stage for the first time tonight....for one thing, they have just conquered Hamburg.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rocker Posted - 10/02/2011 : 14:02:17
heh heh I draw your attention to a card I have in my office showing the Fab 4 waving to their fans on their first trip here...

"BEWARE...In the excitatory state that the Beatles place these youngsters into, they are preparing o0ur teenagers for riot and ultimate revolution. The drum is the key..little Ringo. These young people will do anything they are told to do. One day when the revolution is ripe the communists could put the Beatles on and they could mass hypnotize the American youth".

Sure looks like "All My Loving" and "PS I Love You" had hidden messages for that writer...

Joe Morris Posted - 10/02/2011 : 02:36:30
just reading of this in Spitzs Beatle book

"Cut out the bloody rock!"

I understand the Cavern was a jazz place when the Fab four (John Paul George and ... Pete!)
broke in

was Stu still with them or was he still in Germany trying to get a scholarship with Astrid's help?
lemonade kid Posted - 09/02/2011 : 21:11:23
Wow...1961. There were the veteran ol' men of Rock compared to the Rolling Stones just barely getting stated in 1962.

Those were the days!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page