Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Bobby Dylan & Joan Baez

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 10/01/2011 : 17:01:47
Dylan and Baez were a famous, brilliant and romantic pairing of two of the greatest of folk rock history. It wasn't a pairing of two superstars, but of compatriots in music and hearts...for a while. The music they wrote about each other, during after they were together, is some of the best and most memorable music ever written.

What makes it special for me is the times of course and the fact that it wasn't one of those commercial pairings of super=egos....but one that grew together & one that grew apart due to musical growth -- growing apart as they grew up. Can't really see it happening today or ever again.
Those innocent times of peace love protest and flower power just can't exist in these jaded times of twitter and facebook and wikileaks.

Those were the days. What other famous pairings had a deep meaning in your life and times that compare to this...musically--romantically or not, but certainly not just the formation of a band that got together, no matter how written-in-the-stars they were.

A song from Joan about her Bobby.....with some wonderful, great videos of the two as their life passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpD5_c2j1OM Diamonds and Rust-I love this video of Joan & Bobby

Any songs by Bobby and Joan that touched you-Joan performed so well so much of Bob's material too, with a resect and love like no other artist....Bob and Joan (when will there ever a movie? Seems to me that HAS to be made...the soundtrack would be remarkable!)

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 12/01/2011 : 18:30:16
quote:
Originally posted by markk

Who was "Our House" written for? I have no idea.

For Joni Mitchell when they lived together in their Laurel Canyon cottage, after Joni left David Crosby for Graham--and another song, TRIAD, was born out of that trio.

markk Posted - 12/01/2011 : 15:53:39
Who was "Our House" written for? I have no idea.
lemonade kid Posted - 12/01/2011 : 00:57:47
One can look at it from a detached unromantic point of view...but I prefer not to.

Their relationship formed their music and their lives, and Dylan & Baez were still connected years later. Maybe you have to have been there to hear the music unfold, but even if you weren't, anyone with a heart does care.

The beauty of songs borne out of relationships are the stuff of classics, and forms our foundation in the hearing of those songs. Take Diamonds and Rust, or It's all Over Now Baby Blue...or Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, Joni Mitchell's Coyote, or Nash's Our House...it's what we know about the people that wrote the songs and for whom they wrote the songs that make them special.

So yeah...WE care,

Joe Morris Posted - 12/01/2011 : 00:12:05
DON'T LOOK BACK...

ah who cares? people wanted to see Bob in London didn't they? songs like "Times they are a changin" and "blowin in the wind" (a UK hit)weren't meant for duets

Dylan DID let her appear in Renaldo and Clara
but noone ever saw THAT movie!! (or Eat the Document, considering..)

you can hear "Diamonds and rust" in R&C I believe - the only reason to watch the film is for the sound!!
bob f. Posted - 11/01/2011 : 22:51:01
"Diamonds And Rust" always tears me up.

...what the world needs now...
lemonade kid Posted - 11/01/2011 : 19:09:55
oh yeah Joan was heartbroken. But the music is amazing that came from this union and breakup.....

Diamonds and Rust, For Bobby, It Ain't Me Babe, It's All Over Now Baby Blue, Like A Rolling Stone.....Joan's Dylan covers always seemed touching and heartfelt such as Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands..and many others by both.

So much music, so little time!

markk Posted - 11/01/2011 : 18:26:32
This is an interesting topic. But wasn't it bittersweet for Joan.
She was the young Queen of folk and he the young King, but they were not like Monroe and DiMaggio. Wasn't there one Dylan concert where Joan waited and waited to be called on stage, but Bobby never called her, only others. Also, didn't he write "It ain't me Babe", which was specifically for Joan? I am great fans of both.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page