Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Gerry Rafferty

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rocker Posted - 06/01/2011 : 14:02:01
Yesterday I read he had died. I always liked his music. He had I believe some Top 40 hits but in a way they were more than that. "Right Down the Line", one of his many fine songs......
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ALLANAGAIN Posted - 07/01/2011 : 03:41:18
R.I.P. ..A friend and i were discussing "Baker Strret" and what a great song it is in it,s own cheesey way recently.....that sax solo.
harvey Posted - 07/01/2011 : 02:05:19
Good old Gerry, he and a band of cohorts mainly session guys supported Illusion (revamped Rennaisance) at a BBC session recorded at the Paris Theatre, Lower Regent Street, London when I was a roadie for Illusion in the late 70's early 80's. He got a lot of mileage out of Baker Street and did a very long version. It earnt him a lot of money that song, but the Sax Player Ralph (Raphael?)Ravenscroft only got a session fee and the cheque bounced for that.(allegedly). Only other song of note was 'Stuck in the middle with you'and another claim to fame was starting Billy Connolly on the road to fame and fortune in the Humblebums. Gerry was usually 'amiably' drunk at most sessions as at the BBC one. I am still in touch with a couple of the session musicians from that broadcast.Illusion's performance was spoilt a little bit with a teccy with the Mellotron which decided to cut in and out but it was the BBC D.I. box that caused it.
R.I.P. Gerry and thanks for the idea of the sax solo on Baker Street, one of those instantly recognizeable openings.
lemonade kid Posted - 06/01/2011 : 22:35:58
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Yesterday I read he had died. I always liked his music. He had I believe some Top 40 hits but in a way they were more than that. "Right Down the Line", one of his many fine songs......

Sad news indeed.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page