Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 What do you Love?! by Neil Young

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 26/08/2010 : 22:10:30
Thanks to RW I just read the news of Neil's latest...sounds like it will be FANTASTIC!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/08/neil-young-le-noise-daniel-lanois.html

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 12/10/2010 : 23:42:39
can't burn Archives man. heres a video review though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocUocSbBq8o

its massive. Not really looking forward to watching Journey Through the Past (rubbish movie) but the live stuff sounds promising. Haven't seen the Massey Hall footage in its entirety, just the bits I've caught on Vh1

hope he does "country girl" though!
lemonade kid Posted - 12/10/2010 : 03:33:38
quote:
Originally posted by John9

quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

"Down By The River" is still a favorite of mine and my wife's....we always sing along!

LK - an absolute classic! Did you ever see CSNY do that one in The Big Sur film? They also covered Let's Get Together in the same movie.

Haven't seen that one, J9---I will.

The early CSNY is brilliant. Country Girl (I think You're Pretty) is so great.

Joe...let us know what you think of the Archive Box (I'll be sending some DVDs sometime for a trade on that!!)

Cheers!

Joe Morris Posted - 12/10/2010 : 00:59:49
hey hey Cripple Creek Ferry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuG6Aekeqq4

My library just got the Archives dvd box set in, so I'll be investigating further

thank you interlibrary loan!
John9 Posted - 12/10/2010 : 00:46:03
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

"Down By The River" is still a favorite of mine and my wife's....we always sing along!

LK - an absolute classic! Did you ever see CSNY do that one in The Big Sur film? They also covered Let's Get Together in the same movie.
lemonade kid Posted - 11/10/2010 : 23:42:19

mikeb Posted - 19/09/2010 : 12:37:24
YouTube videos posted on Neil's new album:

Angry World:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uDwvJK0YdI

Daniel Lanois on Le Noise, very interesting interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrbp9Tv9tHw

Daniel Lanois on Walk with Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH6xEIa-FVU

rocker Posted - 10/09/2010 : 14:04:38
as a amtter of fact this morn I was trying to load that song and others I don't have on my ipod....I've got so much stuff on it that the songs wouldn't import...have to dump something!!!..
lemonade kid Posted - 10/09/2010 : 01:09:34
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

hey lk today I will play Emperor of Wyoming in honor...I love that instrumental from Neil.....and and Thrasher!.....where the eagle glides descending.....

Never tire of Emperor of Wyoming. I'll be out in Wyoming in a couple weeks on a trip.

And don't forget to play.... (that was on my) Last Trip to Tulsa!

rocker Posted - 09/09/2010 : 19:03:57
hey lk today I will play Emperor of Wyoming in honor...I love that instrumental from Neil.....and and Thrasher!.....where the eagle glides descending.....
lemonade kid Posted - 09/09/2010 : 15:09:58
Changed the title for Young fans here.....

My absolute favorite period is about the time I grew up with Neil & Springfield. so it's gotta be--

Neil Young-Neil Young
With Crazy Horse-Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
After The Goldrush
Harvest
(many great ones after but these are DEEP in me)

Your latest "NEW" Archive releases?

>>>Sugar Mtn at Canterbury House 1968,
has to be my favorite--just after leaving Springfield and before his first solo release...the rap in between songs is priceless--the stories about his time with Buffalo aand before, growing up is so great. Some laughs there....

>>Massey Hall and the Crazy Horse 1970 have also spoiled us!

Does any one have the "riverboat" archive? Is it great too?

Long may he run....

ALLANAGAIN Posted - 31/08/2010 : 13:58:32
picked up the FORK in the road album Saturday for £3, sounds o.k. ..pretty standard Neil behind the wheel stuff, think the live discs have spoilt me a bit
Any thought on this album folks?
rocker Posted - 30/08/2010 : 17:37:07
thx for that background lk..yes he sure has a catalogue, eh? Songs just pour out of that guy! Neil will be rockin' inta heaven!
lemonade kid Posted - 30/08/2010 : 16:16:55
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Just wanted to ask..are the Archives mostly acoustic or electric or a mix of both?....and is it a good look at Neil's career? And also I've always been intrigued on whether Neil talked about FC at all. I've never come across anything that he said about it.

Archives vol 1, covers Neils early years 1963-1971. The Squires thru the Buffalo to his (best for me) solo years.

Alternate cuts, regular tracks, demos, live cuts, alternate mixes through Harvest. It also includes the long out of print film Jouney Through The Past. Available as as 10 disc Blue ray, or a 10 disc DVD/8 CD box. There is video/photo footage of all those years with many unseen pics. Many collectors have long had boots and much of the material so they were a bit disappointed. I am not.

It is very cool and if Neil lives long enough, he has enough material to release five Archive box sets; the Performance series has been released, one of which is included in the first BOX, the others are just fantastic and th eway to go if you don't wnat or can't afford the Boxes.

At any rate, has any other artist ever undertaken such an ambitious task of cataloging his musical journey...but how many artist's have such a long, storied and amazing history that would hold up to such a release?

Long may he run...

rocker Posted - 30/08/2010 : 14:09:52
Jusat wanted to ask..are the Archives mostly acoustic or electric or a mix of both?....and is it a good look at Neil's career? And also I've always been intrigued on whether Neil talked about FC at all. I've never come across anything that he said about it.
lemonade kid Posted - 27/08/2010 : 15:51:06
I haven't got the first Archives Box. Much of what was released in the box had already been heard in earlier releases, though the interactive history with many unseen photos must be cool...

Neil had released some albums as Archive Series and others were from previously released stuff. Though I read there were something like 13 unreleased tracks...it was reviewed as a general disappointment because of the retreads....so many years of high hopes and not enough new material, or even his "best" to meet those expectations. I would have gotten it if I had not already bought the Archive Series individual material....which I absolutely LOVE! But I was surprised when much was repackaged in the box.

I could be wrong and it is a must have anyway?.....anyone care to comment?

the ARCHIVE SERIES 2 is due out in 2012....maybe....you know how that goes.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page