Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Re New Moby Grape live

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Joe Morris Posted - 13/05/2010 : 19:15:46
anyone hear the new MG live album put out last month by Sundazed?

haven't heard it myself - wondering if they'll ever put out the 1st album again (long out of print)
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LeeRob Posted - 15/05/2010 : 18:01:27
You know, our UK friends could really grab my attention with their stories of the day, as I was a strident fan of the all that talent that came our way back then. And, one doesn't have to be ancient, like me, to garner memories, parents and family members pass down these stories as well.

All misspellings are purposeful...
LeeRob Posted - 15/05/2010 : 17:56:27
It's a drag how these projects seem to always get stalled forever-on-end, I can think of many, many that have occured in the past,and I know you all can as well; does "Gethsemane," ring a bell.
As far as memories of the Haight goes, I have many stories I've already put to paper, I'll look them up and maybe we can start a Memories of 'the Day'" thread. I was in L.A. from summer '65 to early '66, those memories from the Board members would be great to have in one place as well.

lemonade kid Posted - 15/05/2010 : 17:43:29
quote:
Originally posted by LeeRob

I lived in the Haight in 66-67 and at the Blue Unicorn coffeehouse at 1927 Hayes Street (long gone) Moby's guitarists used to come in and practice licks un-plugged; speeding and tripping and intense as all get out. I always look forward to any product released. I will get this one. Thanks for the turn-on; I've been out of touch for a bit.

From what I've, read, LR, the Grape wher THE band to see and
every musician from LA & SF went to see them whenever they could.
The release keeps getting delayed...I've been getting reports from
my record store friend that it will be in couple days..over and over.

It better not be another Katz stall!

bob f. Posted - 15/05/2010 : 01:19:51
Lee Rob..... WOW, you having lived in the H.A. area in S.F. in 66-67 is great! I didn't get there till '68. Please share some more memories with us here about those days!

...what the world needs now...
LeeRob Posted - 14/05/2010 : 22:44:25
I lived in the Haight in 66-67 and at the Blue Unicorn coffeehouse at 1927 Hayes Street (long gone) Moby's guitarists used to come in and practice licks un-plugged; speeding and tripping and intense as all get out. I always look forward to any product released. I will get this one. Thanks for the turn-on; I've been out of touch for a bit.

lemonade kid Posted - 14/05/2010 : 00:15:15
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

I don't mind Wow being not available but the 1st album only being available on West Coast Sound (as a vinyl lift)
and on the Vintage compilation.. annoying!!

I'll undoubtedly get a copy once I have a job/some sort of income. Good track listing (Omaha 2x, Sitting by the window (flip of 805), Fall on you (!), murder in my heart for the judge (!!)

still can't believe Katz has held up the Sundazed releases just cos he owns rights to the name!

Not nice at all!

Joe Morris Posted - 13/05/2010 : 22:57:07
I don't mind Wow being not available but the 1st album only being available on West Coast Sound (as a vinyl lift)
and on the Vintage compilation.. annoying!!

I'll undoubtedly get a copy once I have a job/some sort of income. Good track listing (Omaha 2x, Sitting by the window (flip of 805), Fall on you (!), murder in my heart for the judge (!!)

still can't believe Katz has held up the Sundazed releases just cos he owns rights to the name!
lemonade kid Posted - 13/05/2010 : 20:35:29
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

anyone hear the new MG live album put out last month by Sundazed?

haven't heard it myself - wondering if they'll ever put out the 1st album again (long out of print)

No but I have mine reserved. Maybe...not until all the legal
issues are resolved...al members will probably be dead first...

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page