Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 New Doors Live Boxed Set

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MikeP Posted - 19/09/2009 : 03:20:43
'Live In New York', a 6CD - and vinyl - boxed set is out in November. Excellent quality recording, band playing with a loose jazzy 'top of their game' vibe, from 1970 @ the Felt Forum. OK, I guess a lot of this stuff is out on boots, but now it's being done properly. Nice track listing too, if the official Doors site is anything to go by.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MikeP Posted - 29/09/2009 : 03:58:33
Hi steve64, £££ but :):):). Got to be done, I reckon. Happy b'day in advance!
steve64 Posted - 28/09/2009 : 18:57:02
this box set shall be on my birthday wish list for november

Paris Journals at http://timparistalk.proboards99.com
MikeP Posted - 23/09/2009 : 02:55:52
BBC4 has two Doors documentaries this Friday 25th Sept: @21-00 BST 'Classic Albums' features the Doors debut, with interviews with all surviving members plus Bruce Botnick, followed at 21-50 by the documentary 'No-one Gets Out Of Here Alive'. Both available on BBC I-player for those 'over the water'.
rocker Posted - 22/09/2009 : 14:30:28
re: the Doors...And I was reading Mojo and there's Krieger saying that the record that "changed his life" was Dylan's "Bringing it All Back Home". Before that he wasn't into 'rock'n'roll but the folk scene. Then the autumn of '65 saw him in the Doors with Morrison et al...
MikeP Posted - 20/09/2009 : 04:17:58
Sorry, 'Orange County Suite'. Eyes and typing finger 'on the blink'. Must admit I feel I could listen to stuff like Riders On The Storm for hours on a loop - such loose, propulsive, compelling musicianship.. coming up for forty years old now, too. Timeless, rather than quaint, or 'of it's time'.
MikeP Posted - 20/09/2009 : 04:02:26
Beyond tempting. As the years go by I love their music more.. perhaps there are some artists whose work can only be fully appreciated as ome's own maturity increases - Mitchell another case in point. Only heard their 'Orange Conty Suite'for the first time a couple of years ago. Wow. Who knows what top notch stuff's still awaiting us in the vaults?
lemonade kid Posted - 19/09/2009 : 15:25:46
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

'Live In New York', a 6CD - and vinyl - boxed set is out in November. Excellent quality recording, band playing with a loose jazzy 'top of their game' vibe, from 1970 @ the Felt Forum. OK, I guess a lot of this stuff is out on boots, but now it's being done properly. Nice track listing too, if the official Doors site is anything to go by.

Every 1970 Felt Forum NYC concert in full..two days, four concerts-- as complete a look at the DOORS--- at a given venue--- at their "Morrison Hotel" heights, as one could hope for!!!

Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.
--william saroyan

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page