Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 The Basement Tapes "NEW"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 09/04/2009 : 18:16:01
After years of just a terrible CD reissue available, last week, an elegant and worthy release of The Basement Tapes is FINALLY available!!

I remember when Music From Big Pink came out...nothing like it had ever blessed my hearing!!! And then the legendary basement tapes.

Definitely a MUST have now that we have a beautiful package and great disc!!

Any other Dylan & Band music discussion is also welcome !!!!

lemonade kid Posted - 10/04/2009 : 19:38:05
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

john9....thanks for mentioning "Positively 4th Street", one of my favorites! I hope it will be added to "Highway 61"!

...what the world needs now...

I've always loved "Positively 4th Street" and wished it had been included on "61" LP, something other than Greatest......

bob f. Posted - 10/04/2009 : 19:06:11
john9....thanks for mentioning "Positively 4th Street", one of my favorites! I hope it will be added to "Highway 61"!

...what the world needs now...
John9 Posted - 10/04/2009 : 15:02:14
Thanks for this, Lemonadekid - I think that it is now only Self Portrait now awaiting a remaster. It would have been good to see the more obvious omissions from first time round included .... I was thinking especially of I Shall Be Released and Quinn The Eskimo.

I feel that the remastering of the Dylan catalogue has been something of a missed opportunity. I can remember a few years back it being announced that Legacy would be doing the albums - just as they had already done with Simon and Garfunkle, The Byrds, Laura Nyro, Spirit and Carole King....all Sony artists of course. We were presented with the enticing prospect of expanded versions of Highway 61 (to include Positively 4th St) and Blood On The Tracks (to include the preliminary New York sessions). Then something seemed to go wrong with Legacy and Sony gave us these straight reissues instead. They have great sound - but I do feel that we should have been rewarded with a little something for buying the whole lot a second time. Now........what was that that somebody was saying about The Beatles?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page