Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 The Beatles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Old_Man Posted - 07/04/2009 : 21:11:59
From TheBeatles.com.........

We are delighted to announce the release of the original Beatles catalogue, which has been digitally re-mastered for the first time, for worldwide CD release on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 (09-09-09), the same date as the release of the widely anticipated "The Beatles: Rock Band" video game.
Each of the CDs is packaged with replicated original UK album art, including expanded booklets containing original and newly written liner notes and rare photos. For a limited period, each CD will also be embedded with a brief documentary film about the album. On the same date, two new Beatles boxed CD collections will also be released.
The albums have been re-mastered by a dedicated team of engineers at EMI's Abbey Road Studios in London over a four year period utilising state of the art recording technology alongside vintage studio equipment, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result of this painstaking process is the highest fidelity the catalogue has seen since its original release.
The collection comprises all 12 Beatles albums in stereo, with track listings and artwork as originally released in the UK, and 'Magical Mystery Tour,' which became part of The Beatles' core catalogue when the CDs were first released in 1987. In addition, the collections 'Past Masters Vol. I and II' are now combined as one title, for a total of 14 titles over 16 discs. This will mark the first time that the first four Beatles albums will be available in stereo in their entirety on compact disc. These 14 albums, along with a DVD collection of the documentaries, will also be available for purchase together in a stereo boxed set.
Within each CD's new packaging, booklets include detailed historical notes along with informative recording notes. With the exception of the 'Past Masters' set, newly produced mini-documentaries on the making of each album, directed by Bob Smeaton, are included as QuickTime files on each album. The documentaries contain archival footage, rare photographs and never-before-heard studio chat from The Beatles, offering a unique and very personal insight into the studio atmosphere.
A second boxed set has been created with the collector in mind. 'The Beatles in Mono' gathers together, in one place, all of the Beatles recordings that were mixed for a mono release. It will contain 10 of the albums with their original mono mixes, plus two further discs of mono masters (covering similar ground to the stereo tracks on 'Past Masters'). As an added bonus, the mono "Help!" and "Rubber Soul" discs also include the original 1965 stereo mixes, which have not been previously released on CD. These albums will be packaged in mini-vinyl CD replicas of the original sleeves with all original inserts and label designs retained.
Discussions regarding the digital distribution of the catalogue will continue. There is no further information available at this time.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bob f. Posted - 09/04/2009 : 02:51:42
well, I read that the " Songbook" edition of Yellow Submarine was remixed in "true stereo". it does sound good! this Allmusic Guide entry explains some things from knowledgable fans:
http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Submarine-Beatles/dp/B00000K4ES
i wonder if there will be be a re-master of the re-mix for that new release package!?

...what the world needs now...
bob f. Posted - 09/04/2009 : 02:27:40
the only Beatles re-mixed I know of is "Yellow Submarine Songtrack" CD(1999). All tracks re-mixed. differences are subtle or heard, but listening to it again now , I can't nail down the differences unless I switch from the original to the remix second by second, which i won't do,'cause it's all too much! Anyhoo...I love both the film score music by George Martin ( which is not on the Songtrack album), and the Songtrack album.
note: when I say "album", I mean a collection of recordings, either vinyl or CD.

John9 Posted - 08/04/2009 : 21:54:05

All of this wonderful news takes some time to sink in......but I do most earnestly hope that 'remastered' does not mean 'remixed'.....and I still do wonder about Let It Be.
rocker Posted - 08/04/2009 : 14:16:21
ah yes God bless the Beatles..just reading about it now...I'm looking forward to getting the cds and hearing the songs remastered...soundtrack of our lives eh???...our kids are going to get a nice treat now too!..I think though if you want the doc dvds you have to get it early....
bob f. Posted - 08/04/2009 : 00:11:47
lk....i KNEW you were gonna be happy about the monos!
i'm excited about it all, including the stereo versions of the first 4 albums. happy the Fab Four are back in the spotlight!
i, personally, would like "Soldier Of Love", from the BBC Live recordings included somehow in a rare/ unofficial recordings disk with some other rarities of that calibre along with these packages.
i think we'll never run out of Beatles treasures, with unreleased live concerts, lost studio recordings, and lost video. God Bless The Beatles!

John9 Posted - 08/04/2009 : 00:06:46

I can remember in 1969 how startled my friends and I were when we heard that Abbey Road would be in stereo only - and how I had to buy a special cartridge for my little record player just to be able to play it.

On a related theme, I do hope that we get the original Let It Be - rather than the revisionist version that appeared a few years back.
lemonade kid Posted - 07/04/2009 : 23:06:29
Sweet!! You know what I'm looking at....MONO!!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page