Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Moby Grape: Rarities.....March 25th

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lemonade kid Posted - 23/03/2009 : 16:00:56
Sundazed will issue the NEW release of Moby Grape: The Place and Time.
A 24 track album of demoes, alternate mixes, live tracks, outtakes, audition recordings......1967-68.

Sweet!! Get it before they have to pull it too!!! Damn that Katz..will he bleed the Grape till there're all dead!

Anyway...YES! Rarer than Love tracks from that golden era. Won't likely see something like this again for a while.

Double LP or CD....

http://www.sundazed.com/product_info.php?products_id=1066&osCid=964b7881115af28dad43ef83d81e8f76

lemonade kid Posted - 08/04/2009 : 17:26:53
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

Don't think Wow was pulled

The one everyone wanted (Moby Grape) WAS pulled

You can find it on San Francisco Sound in addition to Sundazed, tho I understand thats Katz's label and a vinyl transfer (didn't sound too great - took that one out from my library)

Your best bet is to find Vintage. That 2cd set has all the first album

The Sundazed issue of the 1st album is going for obscene amounts on Amazon and eBay.. I'm assuming it has bonus tracks as well (unlike the San Francisco Sound version)

Vintage is a VERY good package to get. I think it has most of Wow as well..

Were you as disappointed in WOW as I??!! Guess back then the expectations were so high after the first...how could it not. But so far down? Truly Fine Citizen & '69 are great, though!!

Joe Morris Posted - 08/04/2009 : 08:46:04
Don't think Wow was pulled

The one everyone wanted (Moby Grape) WAS pulled

You can find it on San Francisco Sound in addition to Sundazed, tho I understand thats Katz's label and a vinyl transfer (didn't sound too great - took that one out from my library)

Your best bet is to find Vintage. That 2cd set has all the first album

The Sundazed issue of the 1st album is going for obscene amounts on Amazon and eBay.. I'm assuming it has bonus tracks as well (unlike the San Francisco Sound version)

Vintage is a VERY good package to get. I think it has most of Wow as well..
lemonade kid Posted - 23/03/2009 : 19:10:25
quote:
Originally posted by Signed RW

Just to be certain that everyone is clear on this; the amazing "new" Moby Grape CD is comprised entirely of the bonus tracks that appeared on Sundazed's five 2007 Grape reissues. The first three
are out of print now, but not impossible to find, while "Moby Grape '69" and "Truly Fine Citizen" are still readily available. While this new compilation will undoubtedly have nice packaging and new notes, if you happened to be alert and aware enough to have picked up the earlier reissues, then you already have the music. Of course, the way that labels work now (even the cool ones like Sundazed) they would absolutely be more than happy to sell it to you again....

Those were the ones that got pulled almost right away due to legal proceedings?? Is that right, rick? At least the first three were pulled, the debut album within a week, I think. I see Moby 69 is still there at SD, but since I have the original vinyl only, it's nice for folks like me and for those that missed the now out-of-print Sundazed issues. Besides, as I've said before, I generally dislike extras and prefer a separate release of alternate stuff, like Eventide by Spirit.

So....the constant reselling of material is a...constant. But I love the Love Collector's Edition CD even with all its repeat extras, just for what it is.

Plus, in the Grape's case, I'll get the vinyl, not the CD.....CDs don't generally turn me on unless it's all I can get!!

Thanks for the clarification, rick.

SignedRW Posted - 23/03/2009 : 17:14:14
Just to be certain that everyone is clear on this; the amazing "new" Moby Grape CD is comprised entirely of the bonus tracks that appeared on Sundazed's five 2007 Grape reissues. The first three
are out of print now, but not impossible to find, while "Moby Grape '69" and "Truly Fine Citizen" are still readily available. While this new compilation will undoubtedly have nice packaging and new notes, if you happened to be alert and aware enough to have picked up the earlier reissues, then you already have the music. Of course, the way that labels work now (even the cool ones like Sundazed) they would absolutely be more than happy to sell it to you again....

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page