Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Guitar Heroes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lizzyb Posted - 18/10/2008 : 23:08:04
Anyone else in UK following the guitar heroes series of clips from the BBC? They are showing some old footage, very eclectic - Hendrix, paco pena, even had the Police with Sting sounding like a Geordie.

Had to wake up my Early Night Old Man to tell hime he'd missed Rory Gallagher. Maybe it'd have been better if I'd woken him to see one of his heroes...

Keep on shining
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bob f. Posted - 11/11/2008 : 20:08:32
Jorma Kaukonen is one of my favorite guitarists."Embryonic Journey".
then with Hot Tuna, and his solo cd. all the rockin out psych Airplane and his accustic picking is amazing. he's still with us!

...what the world needs now...
lemonade kid Posted - 11/11/2008 : 16:14:55
I'm using this topic for other purposes !! ........two of my all time favorite guitarists:

JOHN FAHEY ......amazing fingerstyle guitarist who pioneered the steel-string guitar as a solo instrument. Thank you!!

LEO KOTTKE ......unexcelled in his 12 string picking. He's right at the top with "Jim" McGuinn
Please check him out on my youtube entry. Thanks, all!

ALLANAGAIN Posted - 02/11/2008 : 19:48:07
"So, You Wanna Come In The Bus, Huh?"
Alone Again Posted - 30/10/2008 : 20:58:16
Damn I missed this series!Is it still on?
There were some archive footage of Rory Gallagher played on RTE (Irish station) two nights ago which were good, a few clips and interviews from an Irish Tour and an in studio acoustic set.
lemonade kid Posted - 29/10/2008 : 18:11:10
quote:
Originally posted by John9

'Which way did the 60s go?'

As long as we're around..........right here guys!!

rocker Posted - 29/10/2008 : 16:44:51
and a nice thought for the day...

....you are what you is...

John9 Posted - 29/10/2008 : 08:10:04
Apparently there were three 'Suzy Creamcheeses' in all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Creamcheese

When I was at Leicester University in 1973, I had a really good friend from Cartmel, California. She was a complete mine of information about Frank Zappa and The Mothers ....and in fact about the whole Laurel Canyon scene. Occasionally she would for our amuzement, adopt the Suzy Creamcheese personna - it used to be really funny... (sigh)..... as Al Stewart wrote in that same year, 'Which way did the 60s go?'
John9 Posted - 28/10/2008 : 21:59:51
Hello Teenage America......My name is Suzy Creamcheese......I'm Suzy Creamcheese because I never wore fake eyelashes in my whole life and I couldn't make it on the surfing set and I couldn't make on the beatnick set and I couldn't cut the groupie set either and.... actually I really f(messed) up in Europe. Now that I've done it all over and no one else will accept me,I've come home to my Mothers.

(adapted from The Voice of Cheese on Uncle Meat)

I ask you this: Were more poetic words ever included on a rock album?
lemonade kid Posted - 28/10/2008 : 21:15:21
quote:

It can't happen here. It can't happen here. I'm telling you my dear...........that it can't happen here....doe doe doe doe.

Suzy?....Suzy Creamcheese?

John9 Posted - 28/10/2008 : 20:26:30

It can't happen here. It can't happen here. I'm telling you my dear...........that it can't happen here....doe doe doe doe.
lemonade kid Posted - 28/10/2008 : 16:18:18
Zappa was a genius on all fronts. I love "Freak Out", "Lumpy Gravy", "We're Only In It For The Money", especially --- even though he reached even higher, musically & creatively on subsequent albums.

Top female guitarists. let us not forget Bonnie Raitt.

Oh, one more great (BASS) guitarist would be John Paul Jones. I have his fine solo effort "Zooma" on which he plays four, six, ten & twelve string bass and lap steel bass, and a few other instruments.........he is amazing.
(and at the top of bassists, JACK BRUCE)

ALLANAGAIN Posted - 28/10/2008 : 16:14:56
I hope Zappa plays Zappa will play London again soon, i mised the last one.I was lucky enough to see F.Z.live 4 times, the ZOOT ALURES tour being the best, theres some killer guitar on that album, i allways felt alot of people didnt take F.Z. seriously because of his lyrics, "Shut Up And Play Your Guitar" answered that o.k. I got a Zappa dvd " Baby Snakes" wich has a plug for a dvd of "Roxy and Elswhere" wich i would love to see, but havent found it in the U.K.
Any of you stateside seen it?
LOVE
Allan
John9 Posted - 28/10/2008 : 14:42:36
Boombox - I've never heard the single version of My Guitar - I don't know whether you have. I have a feeling that it was backed with a track from Uncle Meat in 1969 .... Dog Breath in the Year of the Plague, possibly. I think that I once read that the single was less interesting than the album version - with less going on in the mix. The first song I heard from The Mothers was Desiree (from Ruben and the Jets) which was played on Radio Luxembourg one night in 1968 - that too was perhaps a single. The song that really won me over was another track from Weasels Ripped My Flesh.....Oh No - with Ray Collins on lead vocals. Like Arthur Lee, that guy was capable of reaching sublime moments of high opera!
boombox Posted - 28/10/2008 : 13:12:13
quote:

My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama!

First Zappa song I heard and still love it. Dweezil also did a cracking version of it. For those who've never given him a chance, unlike most rock dynasties, this really is a case where the son is better albeit only technically than the father. He doesn't have Frank's tone nor feel, but as a blistering, yet melodic shredder, he can compete with any of them. Check out some of the recent recordings of the Zappa Plays Zappa tours if you don't believe me. I have one show in particular from a year or so ago when he duels with Steve Vai on Montana, It's unbelieveable the way the two of them inspire each other to pull out more and more as the solo progresses - impossible not to have a big smile on your face when listening to this.

Good call too on the lack of female guitarists - where's Janis Ian or Emily Remler?
John9 Posted - 28/10/2008 : 08:56:29

My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page