Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 The Beatles Lost Interview on Tues 1st July

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 30/06/2008 : 16:27:58
Just to let everyone know that BBC Radio 4 will be broadcasting a special documentary tomorrow at 13.30 (British Summer Time). It will feature a recently discovered lost interview with the Beatles from April, 1964 and apparently provides a fascinating insight into the Lennon-McCartney songwriting partnership - long before the arguments and cynicism set in. It has not been heard or seen since being broadcast at the time by BBC Scotland and interestingly, will be presented by Helen Shapiro. She is well known in the UK for having had two number one hits in 1961...at the age of fourteen! I've been reading in Mark Lewisohn's 'The Complete Beatles Chronicle' that in late 1962, the Fab Four were booked as support for a Shapiro tour the following February - for a fee of £30 a night! On the 8th February the Beatles, along with Schapiro were ejected from the Carlisle Golf Club dinner dance for wearing leather jackets! But then, fourteen days later, the 'Please Please Me' single had gone to Number 1...and the world changed forever. I'll post the link to the 'Listen Again' facility after broadcast.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boombox Posted - 02/07/2008 : 14:03:36
Listened to this last night - interesting, though it would have been nicer if they'd just broadcast the whole thing uninterrupted at the end.
John9 Posted - 01/07/2008 : 20:00:01
The programme was broadcast this afternoon and is, apart from anything else, a fascinating piece of social history. The young woman who interviews John and Paul is Morag Hood. In 1981, I had the pleasure of seeing her star in the first West End production of Peter Schaffer's 'Amadeus' (the Mozart/Salieri thing). I was saddened to hear today that she had in fact, died a few years back at the age of 59. Anyway here is the link - it will take you to Radio 4's main page and you'll find the show under 'Choice of the Day' for Tuesday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page