Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Your Six Favourite Album Covers - Ever!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 28/09/2007 : 20:42:43
You know the kind of thing - where holding the cover (or booklet) gives you a least as much pleasure as actually listening to the music. My own choice would be (in no particular order):

1. The Beatles - Sgt Pepper
2. Buffalo Springfield Again
3. It's a Beautiful Day
4. Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets
5. Gentle Giant - The Power and the Glory
6. Genesis - A Trick of the Tail
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 18/06/2016 : 16:16:25
Some from Billboard's Greatest 50 album covers..some are mine. I only included the ones I agree with.

The Velvet Underground and Nico was number one...I have to agree. Some of the more iconic and iconoclastic album covers of all time...Forever Changes was not on their list, nor was Rubber Soul.

We knew when we saw Rubber Soul that we were in for something completely different!

My personal fave in my collection..Fred Neil

Love this one--not on Billboard's list but I have this one. The FIRST PRESSING on Del-Fi...it is just beautiful...as is the music contained within.

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK
captain america and billy Posted - 06/03/2013 : 18:51:04
You're being very unfair to yourself using words like "biased",KJ.It may only SEEM biased to those many Americans who are generally either biased themselves or downright blazingly ignorant.Great music is great music.Form is a secondary attribute.
Kula John Posted - 05/03/2013 : 04:05:36
Off the top of my head -

I'm biassed of course but these two Kula Shaker album covers are particular faves,

Peasants, Pigs and Astronauts

Strangefolk

The Libertines - Up The Bracket

For the time that I've been given's such a little while and the things that I must do consist of more than style....
lemonade kid Posted - 04/03/2013 : 18:57:59
quote:
Originally posted by captain america and billy

For a long time there was a certain inherent mysteriousness to the FC sleeve until I just recently discovered it was in the shape of the human heart.A friend once actually suggested it might have been the shape of Africa,which many people believe to be the true birthplace of human civilization.Does anyone know who designed the jacket?

Bob Pepper.

Old hippies never die, they just ramble on.
-lk
captain america and billy Posted - 04/03/2013 : 18:15:10
For a long time there was a certain inherent mysteriousness to the FC sleeve until I just recently discovered it was in the shape of the human heart.A friend once actually suggested it might have been the shape of Africa,which many people believe to be the true birthplace of human civilization.Does anyone know who designed the jacket?
rocker Posted - 04/03/2013 : 15:23:44
I looked again now real close to my orig FC record that I've had for all the years. Man it's not the pure white anymore that I remember. I think I have to get a new one and place it alongside each other on my den wall....kind of an "FC moment" if you get the drift...change comes to everything and marches on.....
captain america and billy Posted - 26/02/2013 : 19:38:38
Can't believe I failed to mention the front designs of Cream's ultra-essential "Disraeli Gears" and "Wheels Of Fire" as well as the hereby previously posted "Magical Mystery Tour" package.I'll never forget all the times I thumbed through the 24-page booklet in sheer frustration wondering what the actual MOVIE was like.Of course,we all remember the days when the now cult classic film was only available for US viewership at cult theaters and annual Beatle conventions.Also,more than honorable mention is due to an artistic venture known as Hipnogsis,who created wonderful jackets for Pink Floyd,including the one for "Dark Side Of The Moon",which has dutifully stood the test of time as one of the band's trademarks along with the "flying pig" often seen at large venue performances.
lemonade kid Posted - 25/02/2013 : 20:58:03
quote:
Originally posted by captain america and billy

Is it fair to mention the Mothers' "We're Only In It For The Money" or is this one just considered blatant "Sgt. Pepper's" rip-off?I once read a list on the internet of the five most classic covers.The far most interesting choice was the Fabs' "White Album" despite the fact that there's nothing really there but the band's very moniker.However,I DEFINITELY choose this one for one of the best overall ALBUM PACAKGES what with the giveaway poster complete with song lyrics and,of course,the wonderful individual photos of Liverpool's greatest exports.Saw the "Sticky Fingers" "working zipper" cover a few times at a nearby shop.Should have grabbed it.I absolutely will grab the "Majesties Request" 3-D package as soon as possible.I kinda like the front jacket design from "Smiley Smile" in all of it's hurdy gurdy swirly psychedelic lettering glory.I'm also a fan of the "out-of-focus shots such as the ones seen on "Between the Buttons" as well as the first Ten Years After release.Highly symbolic,really,as the whole generation seemed to be taking things out of the old ways of world vision and re-structuring young peoples'
perspectives.

"You Say You Want A Revolution..........

right, captn.

Advice from a record collector's guide:

"If you have searched for a cherished vinyl for years with no luck, and finally come across that scarce album in collectable condition, grab it up on the spot!"

You may never see it again, or if you do somewhere down the line, it will likely cost you much more.

I have those you mention. And "We're Only in It For The Money" is not a rip-off of Peppers..it's pure satire about the whole 60's hippie scene through the eyes and ears of Frank Zappa. A brilliant album that always makes every top 60's LPs list.

The iside art was supposing to be the outside for the gatefold, but lawsuits were feared by VERVE...mine is a BLUE label original promo LP! Not this one.

Outside gatefold...

The zipper jacket disappeared fairly quickly from record store shelves for good; it was changed to just a photo..the real zipper caused damage to many LPs, so inspect your vinyl before buying.

I have a bubble wrap around mine to protect other lps too, and a heavy duty inner sleeve.

-lk
Joe Morris Posted - 25/02/2013 : 19:07:10
I like in the Kenny interview (Discoveries?) where hes referring to FChanges as the white album
and saying its better than the Beatles own White Album

Probably true, and as The White Album is definitely a peak for the Beatles..

I mean wasn't the single from that album "Hey Jude"
(not that the single was on the album, but Hey Jude was '68)

Christ

Can see why Pete Shotton thought it more commercial than its flip! (Hey Jude b/w Revolution)
rocker Posted - 25/02/2013 : 17:13:38
Really I kind of miss all that activity with record covers, artwork etc.
Thosee who did that stuff sure got down-sized, eh? "Progress" marches on ,eh?
captain america and billy Posted - 25/02/2013 : 17:04:56
Is it fair to mention the Mothers' "We're Only In It For The Money" or is this one just considered blatant "Sgt. Pepper's" rip-off?I once read a list on the internet of the five most classic covers.The far most interesting choice was the Fabs' "White Album" despite the fact that there's nothing really there but the band's very moniker.However,I DEFINITELY choose this one for one of the best overall ALBUM PACAKGES what with the giveaway poster complete with song lyrics and,of course,the wonderful individual photos of Liverpool's greatest exports.Saw the "Sticky Fingers" "working zipper" cover a few times at a nearby shop.Should have grabbed it.I absolutely will grab the "Majesties Request" 3-D package as soon as possible.I kinda like the front jacket design from "Smiley Smile" in all of it's hurdy gurdy swirly psychedelic lettering glory.I'm also a fan of the "out-of-focus shots such as the ones seen on "Between the Buttons" as well as the first Ten Years After release.Highly symbolic,really,as the whole generation seemed to be taking things out of the old ways of world vision and re-structuring young peoples'
perspectives.

"You Say You Want A Revolution..........
lemonade kid Posted - 24/02/2013 : 17:29:49
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

no Love album covers?
or Dylan's Shot of Love? or Saved?

The fellow is just working w only the Double album from the Beatles.

So lk is your orig of FC a "pristine" white? Mine is kind of a pale brown but more to a dull white now!!!!

It is pretty mint---no wear or corner bends, just a very little off-white aging on the edges, but still in the opened shrink. The vinyl is near mint, original brown/gold Elektra label. My s/t & Da Capo are also NM.

-lk
rocker Posted - 24/02/2013 : 16:54:13
no Love album covers?

The fellow is just working w only the Double album from the Beatles.

So lk is your orig of FC a "pristine" white? Mine is kind of a pale brown but more to a dull white now!!!!
lemonade kid Posted - 23/02/2013 : 17:20:55
In no particular order....original vinyl, I have them all

-lk
Joe Morris Posted - 23/02/2013 : 16:40:40
no Love album covers?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page