Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 zeppelin concert in tribute to ahmet ertegun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jellybean Posted - 13/09/2007 : 20:43:04
has anyone else registered for this? I did today but with it being a ballot the chances are slim that I would get a ticket, have to try these things though as it will be an amazing night I bet!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alone Again Posted - 03/10/2007 : 01:10:38
Well i think theres gonna be a second round for the tickets which didnt get used and for the people who didnt buy the two tickets that they were entitled to, so fingers crossed.
Old_Man Posted - 02/10/2007 : 20:54:13
Barb, I'm green with envy!
Lizzyb Posted - 02/10/2007 : 18:07:05
me neither, nor any of the family members I forced into applying, sigh.

I guess the 24 hours are up then?

Keep on shining
barbinberkeley Posted - 02/10/2007 : 07:55:21
I didn't get lucky with Zeppelin, but I got this! http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/barbh_01/scan-3.jpg
Alone Again Posted - 01/10/2007 : 23:58:28
Anybody lucky?my girlfriend was but it was in her mothers name so looks like its just gonna be the two of them.
rocker Posted - 28/09/2007 : 16:40:52
yeah..Ertegun was pretty good..I guess he just intuitively knew about musical talent...right, some of those now nameless record guys over there during '62 sure dropped the ball!..maybe they were stuck in skiffle....;-)...And I have to say I'm impressed in how Plant was so influenced by US groups. He appears to genuinely love American music. When he was here recently, he knew more about down home Louisiana music than some of the supposed music meisters!
John9 Posted - 28/09/2007 : 15:47:11
Yes, Ahmet showed great vision there - especially when you remember that not long before Led Zep had been performing to bemused audiences as 'The New Yardbirds'. Another good example of a very sound investment on his part was Buffalo Springfield. Talent spotting must have been in overdrive back then. We are all grateful to Jack Holzman for signing first, Love and then The Doors to Elektra - but he had let The Byrds slip away to Columbia a year or two before. Mind you of course, that was probably not quite as bad as the huge mistake that Decca (London) Records had made in 1962 - I gather that they have been apologising ever since - although of course they did eventually get the Stones instead!
rocker Posted - 28/09/2007 : 14:59:39
boy Ertegun signed the guys in Led Zep and Robert for $200,000, not bad...Ahmet was some judge of talent, eh?...And Mr.Plant is a connoissieur of all kinds of music now and back to the early days.. would be nice if he did a cover of a Love song...
John9 Posted - 28/09/2007 : 09:42:48

The November edition of UNCUT magazine carries an in depth interview with Robert Plant concerning what he calls, that "one last show".
ALLANAGAIN Posted - 17/09/2007 : 00:50:30
Thanks Alone Again + Mike,thinki,ll throw my hat in the ring, i can,t loose anything right?
mikeb Posted - 16/09/2007 : 16:32:41
quote:
Originally posted by Alone Again

Register at http://www.ahmettribute.com/
The registration ends at 12 midday Monday but I think it might have been extended.

Extended by 48 hours:
http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/led_zeppelin/news/10286
jellybean Posted - 16/09/2007 : 15:21:19
haha well maybe i'll get my ticket money outside in the queue then when i'm selected from the other 26 squillion people who have registered!

wonder if this is a lead up to a tour?? although that was said for pink floyd and it never really happened
Alone Again Posted - 16/09/2007 : 13:19:06
Register at http://www.ahmettribute.com/
The registration ends at 12 midday Monday but I think it might have been extended.
ALLANAGAIN Posted - 15/09/2007 : 19:46:25
where do you register for the gig pls ?
John9 Posted - 15/09/2007 : 00:42:40

Jellybean - I think that quite a few of the grannies will be at the gig!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page