Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 The Dear Departed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 12/08/2007 : 23:01:35
We have of course recently all been mindful of Arthur's passing and how much his music meant to us. I just wondered whether contributors to this messageboard have in mind any other popular music artists who have slipped away during say, the last couple of years and whose work has touched their lives personally. In my case it would be Gene Pitney who died in a Cardiff hotel room last year. His powerful tenor voice gave such resonance to the songs of, amongst others, Bacharach/David, Jagger/Richards and Randy Newman. In 1967 I owned only one LP and that was The Beatles' 'Help'. After saving several weeks wages from my paper round I was able to double the size of my collection by buying 'Gene Pitney's Big Sixteen'- a record that still means a great deal to me. His sudden death was one of the most poignant reminders I've ever had of our own mortality.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rocker Posted - 28/08/2007 : 14:04:58
Yes.....
barbinberkeley Posted - 28/08/2007 : 00:12:07
I liked Deja Nu immensely. Would you recommend Bronx in Blue?
rocker Posted - 27/08/2007 : 15:25:45
Yes and some of his newer stuff where he also re-did his hits. He's certainly mellowed out. I have his original "Runaround Sue" on a 45 from Laurie records. It was my very first record that I bought and it introduced me to rock'n'roll..that's why I am a "rocker".....
barbinberkeley Posted - 27/08/2007 : 05:54:28
Hi there, rocker. I'm new here. I'm glad you mentioned Dion. I fell in love with him at 14 and it's now 45 years later. He's still rockin' and I think he'll be with us for quite a while longer.
He has a nice family and has been clean and sober for ages now. Have you got the Bronx in Blue album?
rocker Posted - 13/08/2007 : 14:40:05
Funny thing with me about Gene Pitney. I thought he was English way back when when he had those great "hits" early in his career. I was surprised to know that that wasn't the case! Yes, he was some contributor to rock'n'roll. As for another artist, I think a part of me will go when Dion passes. He was so much a part of my upbringing getting me started in rock'n'roll wih his singing and groups. I grew up in NYC and that's where he's from as well.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page