Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 The West Coast Scene on BBC Radio 4

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John9 Posted - 22/07/2007 : 15:14:04

Just to let everyone know that on Saturday 21 July, Radio 4 broadcast 'California Dreaming' - an enthralling reflection on the mid 60s revolution in popular music that took place in and around Los Angeles. You can catch it for the next six days at 'Listen Again':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

(You have to listen to the last few moments of the previous programme first.)The show takes the listener briefly through the frontier mentality and urban growth that had characterised LA during the 40s and 50s. Then we are straight into Laurel Canyon along with its alternative lifestyles and famous residents (though inexplicably they leave out Suzy Creamcheese!)The musical soundtrack is provided by The Byrds (extracts from three tracks), Buffalo Springfield, The Doors, CSN, Joni Mitchell and of course, The Mamas and Papas. There are also spoken contributions from Van Dyke Parkes and Judy Henske.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page