Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Dear fellow psych-fans

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Konstanty Posted - 22/07/2007 : 02:24:27
Hello.

I have a project where the goal is to gather enough information to get a complete overview over the releases in UK and US psych from 1965-1969(I will probably focus on psych from the UK first). This is a large project and I need help. This is what I need from you guys(I hope you will help me:))

1.What do you consider the first psych album/single?
2.I also need information on releases from UK and US psych bands. What I am looking for is: band name, album title, catalogue number, release date, how many pressings there were done of the album/single. You can also write more information about the releases/band if you want.

I hope that you will help me. This is a big project, and it will be a lot of work. I need your help :)
Everything you want to contribute with(this can also be mp3s and such) can be sent to konstantyrachmoulin@yahoo.com

Konstanty Rachmoulin
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
myoungish Posted - 13/08/2007 : 06:55:34
Two must-have books are Urban Spacemen and Wayfaring Strangers and Unknown Legends of Rock n' Roll, both by Richie Unterberger. He's a Love fan and big-time obscure psych afficionado.

Michael Young
Old_Man Posted - 04/08/2007 : 13:39:01
Talking of Kevin Ayers....I love this version of Lady Rachel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSmHRi1B4ug
Old_Man Posted - 25/07/2007 : 21:03:09
Ahh...thanks rocker, just had another look at that website it does indeed say it was subjective. Not only that, it says this..."and contains no entries related to jazz, avantgarde, exotica, etc." DUH!
rocker Posted - 25/07/2007 : 14:29:07
I think the the one who did the list did say it was "subjective". It does have alot of US references but it would appear that "psychedelia" was kind of all over the world at the time. Each country had its bands and music all "under the influence" so to speak.
Old_Man Posted - 23/07/2007 : 23:01:05
I can't believe there is no mention of Soft Machine or Kevin Ayers in that chronology of early psychedelia.
astrolobe33 Posted - 23/07/2007 : 22:54:52
you may find this site helpful for looking into earliest psychrock:

http://members.tripod.com/lysergia_2/LamaWorkshop/lamaEarlyPsychedelia.htm

I wouldn't count it as 100% accurate, but it's a good reference to get you in the neighborhood.
torben Posted - 23/07/2007 : 08:24:01
A good help would be Vernon Joynson's book Tapestry of delight.
Arnstein Posted - 22/07/2007 : 02:33:45
Sounds great! I will send you a mail in a few days!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page