Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 What was the last record you bought?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alone Again Posted - 24/05/2007 : 14:52:59
I bought the Essential Byrds at the weekend.Its an excellent compilation.Hadnt heard much of their latter material but listenin the to the second disc I was blown away!
Anybody else make some interesting purchases lately?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ALLANAGAIN Posted - 10/03/2011 : 03:10:00
Robyn Hitchcock ..Propeler Time....good album this Robyn plays Winsor Fire Station in July.
Hope to hear him do some of theese tracks
rocker Posted - 07/08/2009 : 21:10:31
I can see people listening that song of his late at night..atmospheric..I have his Blue River record..when I think of Andersen I always think of his "group"..Dylan, Dave Van Ronk, Tim Hardin..Tim Buckley...the great singer-songwriters...
lemonade kid Posted - 07/08/2009 : 19:34:01
RAIN FALLS DOWN IN AMSTERDAM a powerful song about the world's dark history and our future... if we're not vigilant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ive50Cn4PQc&feature=related

From-- A Memory Of The Future-- the album by Eric Anderson.
A mature and powerful masterpiece.

rocker Posted - 06/08/2009 : 14:07:55
cool cool memories my friends..I'm sure those around the world have the same kind when music started for them!...

lemonade kid Posted - 06/08/2009 : 02:33:54
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

i was listening to my Walkman radio/cassette. everyone , with their fancy I-PODs at work, playing hip-hop, laughing at me! spoiled morons!

...what the world needs now...

Walk-on!

bob f. Posted - 05/08/2009 : 23:21:31
i was listening to my Walkman radio/cassette. everyone , with their fancy I-PODs at work, playing hip-hop, laughing at me! spoiled morons!

lemonade kid Posted - 05/08/2009 : 23:03:02
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

amazing....so you must have gone crazed when fm came on, eh????...

Underground FM finally arrived with the University radio station, so we got to hear deep album cuts from records. One night the college DJ came on and said, "I have an advance copy of a new double album in my hands, it's all white, shiny coated paper, with nothing but the band's name embossed IN WHITE on the cover"!!

We all know what it was now, but I was like...what, WHAT IS IT, DAMN IT!! Pretty exciting! The first track he played was. "Why Don't We Do It In The Road". Not your average Beatle fare!!!

No more little AM radios...but a stereo radio was still far away. I had a nice FM table top, plug in, GE with a BIG 3" speaker and TONE CONTROL!! More... or less.... treble!! It was a miracle!!

bob f. Posted - 05/08/2009 : 22:40:26
oh,....yeah! it was called Underground Radio back then.
the djs played LONG records (for its time), like "Now Adays,Clancy Can't Even Sing", and the LONG VERSION of "Light My Fire"! up until then, only the single was played. funny when The Doors played at Birmingham High, we were going, " yay...it's the LONG version!!!"
i didnn't have a stereo , but listened to my mom's big old Grundig console record player radio-shortwave. I was happy with my little table radio in my bedroom. Then,much later,i needed hi-fidelity and stereo.

rocker Posted - 05/08/2009 : 18:02:01
amazing....so you must have gone crazed when fm came on, eh????...
lemonade kid Posted - 05/08/2009 : 17:48:47
Right...the crystal radio kit so many put together! ANd that wonderful transistor radio that at night would pull in stations from 800 miles away! We didn't have much to listen to in the midwest so we depended on WLS in Chicago (250 miles away) and at night-- the best AM station from Little Rock Arkansas!!

rocker Posted - 05/08/2009 : 17:01:57
very good bobeee!!!.....rock on kid... and here's to transistors!....
bob f. Posted - 05/08/2009 : 15:56:52
rocker...ya...i had one of those little "crystal" A.M. radios that had the alligator clip to ground it to metal. one ear-plug.
...you said, "i'm dating myself". I hope you're getting some!

rocker Posted - 05/08/2009 : 14:05:09
You know all this talk of quad kind of makes me go back (and I know I'm dating myself!!) when I use to listen to my little red transistor radio and it came with a little leather case. The sounds! heh heh the amount of bass that came out was like sparrow squeak. From that little red thing I heard 'Be My Baby', 'Walking in the Rain', 'Image of a Girl'..'I Should've Known Better'..'Donna the Prima Donna'..it was then that I learned to rock........
lemonade kid Posted - 05/08/2009 : 02:44:22
Unfortunately QUAD was around in the early 70's and they almost exclusively issued new releases.....some reissues from the MOR and classical vein I think. But no Ladyland or Peppers or QSM "The Fool". The Doors Greatest Hits double LP came out in QUAD.....but can you imagine "The END" in QUAD?

Wheels of Fire would have been amazing!! Zappa is on Quad...two of the early 70's releases! I'm sure they are cool!

bob f. Posted - 05/08/2009 : 01:03:31
quad is a GREAT idea! especially for environmental records!
Amazon forest, surrounded by birds and monkeys! cool!
is there a quad version of ELECTRIC LADYLAND ?
now, THAT'S an album to hear in quad!!! especially the ....mermaid segway psychout portion! can it circle AROUND our heads!?
another candidate for quad: "The Fool" (and the rest of this album )by the Quicksilver Messenger Service. masterpiece.
Notorious Byrd Brothers would be good in quad. very trippy recording allows for the extra dimension! speaking of dimensions..."Fifth Dimension" ,too!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page