Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Attention Joni Fans

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MikeP Posted - 15/01/2007 : 01:40:34
I guess that there are many apart from myself that have 'those' albums - the ones that have been disposed of or remain unplayed because they remind people of past times that strike too much of a raw nerve. In my case, apart from many Al Green records, it's Joni's 'Hejira'.
The other day, while attempting a CD clearout, I found an unplayed free CD from Uncut Magazine which I thought deserved a token listen. The last track was a version of 'Amelia' from Joni's orchestral 'Travelogue' album. Hearing it made me remenber how much I adored the original version, and I then decided to check out the customer reviews on Amazon to see if people today still held 'Hejira' in such high regard - a resounding 'yes'.
In doing so, I discovered that on January 23rd, it, along with 'Court and Spark' and 'The Hissing of Summer Lawns' are being reissued in remastered and expanded double album format. The lure of hearing more of that marvellous band of Pastorius, Carlton, Metheney and Msys is something that I will find impossible to resist, and, in doing so, I will be welcoming back an old friend. Its been a long time..

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page