Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Stars Turn Out For Jim Capaldi

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MikeP Posted - 05/12/2006 : 23:36:27
There's going to be a charity memorial concert for him called 'Dear Mr.Fantasy' at London's Camden Roundhouse on January 21st. Artists announced so far include Steve Winwood, Paul Weller, Bill Wyman and Pete Townshend. More to follow.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cal Jam Posted - 19/12/2006 : 20:34:48
I'll definitely let you know how it goes. I'm actually travelling down from Newcastle, but my fiance lives in London, so I'd have been there that weekend anyway! Always handy!

And here's another killer - the £75 ticket doesn't even get you a seat. Yup, I'm standing. It must be the most expensive couple of square feet I've ever paid for.
MikeP Posted - 19/12/2006 : 01:45:13
That's one way of looking at it,Cal Jam. I've decided that I'm not going to go back to 'the smoke' to see it, but boy, have I been tempted. If I still lived within easy striking distance I reckon I would've given in too, as I've a hunch it's going to be a pretty fine night, which is why I posted about it. Have fun and tell how it went, OK?
Cal Jam Posted - 18/12/2006 : 15:53:06
Damn it, I just paid it!

After several days of tossing and turning in my sleep, with Rock n Roll Stew shrieking through my head, I picked up the phone and got myself a ticket.

It's the closest thing I'll ever get to seeing these Traffic tunes performed live.

Only got the one ticket though. And I have decided not to go out on New Years Eve. I'd have probably ended up spending this amount then anyway, without thinking twice!
ALLANAGAIN Posted - 12/12/2006 : 23:16:48
Well, i was going to go to the roundhoue gig for Jim Capaldi, but £75 to £100 is redicolus..to put it in perspective i saw Shack do a killer gig at the ULU this week ..cost? £16.50.
Cal Jam Posted - 12/12/2006 : 02:08:50
'Fraid so:

http://www1.roundhouse.org.uk/whatson/event.aspx?prod=341&perf=0

My guess is that it will be a celebrity and special guest invitation show, with a small number of real punters who managed to fork out for it.

You can always justify high prices when it's for charidee, and while I acknowledge the noble cause, it's a shame that many of Traffic's real fans, who supported Capaldi through the years, will be ultimately losing out.
MikeP Posted - 12/12/2006 : 01:57:04
HOW MUCH?? Cough,splutter. They'd be better off charging less and filling the place.
Cal Jam Posted - 12/12/2006 : 00:10:37
I'd really like to go to this, but tickets are between £75-£100, and go on sale on 18th Dec.

Unless Santa Clause really does exist, and gets me one, there is no way I can justify paying that at this time of year. We're not all rich rock n roll stars.

Cute idea, but I won't be there.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page