Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 What do you think of the new "Beatles Love" album?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bobinbed Posted - 25/11/2006 : 19:21:41
Have you had a chance to listen to it yet? I got it the other day and have listened to it once. Not sure what I think of it yet... Any opinions?

- "What do you mean it's a literary high?"
- "It's a Kafka high. It makes you feel like a bug."
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bob f. Posted - 09/12/2006 : 03:10:34
there is a vast amount of the earlier releases before "Rubber Soul"
in only mono that would be really good in stereo! re-mixing and mastering those recordings may be coming i hope! cheers!
all i want for xmas is Beatles LOVE!

...what the world needs now...
Merlyn Merlot Posted - 08/12/2006 : 16:02:49
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

I played it to my young daughters without having ever said anything about the Beatles previously, and without any cajoling to listen. They really loved it. I guess it's easier to be objective about some music when you're free of the 'historical baggage'. Reading reviews on Amazon, it's made some long-time fans soooo het up.. the fact that it was George's idea originally has somehow passed them by.

McCartney and Ringo both were involved with feedback and approval
Maaca even went as far to tell the Martins' to go further and go even more out there with it

It does create a great template to remaster the entire collection with the sound quality of "Love"
Merlyn Merlot Posted - 08/12/2006 : 03:43:08
It's certainly the Best Sounding Beatle Record so far...#13;#10;Highly Recordmended#13;#10;
Judith Posted - 07/12/2006 : 22:31:23
Absolutely superb!
bob f. Posted - 06/12/2006 : 02:52:38
i still have yet to buy it, and i will soon because what i've heard is stunning. yesterday i heard " While my guitar gently weeps" with its emphasis on strings minus the drums. this rendition is really sweet and awesome! the project is endorsed by George Harrison, Ringo, and Paul,AND George Martin! and sounds GREAT! I'm gonna buy it for ME for XMAS!

...what the world needs now...
MikeP Posted - 05/12/2006 : 23:30:48
I played it to my young daughters without having ever said anything about the Beatles previously, and without any cajoling to listen. They really loved it. I guess it's easier to be objective about some music when you're free of the 'historical baggage'. Reading reviews on Amazon, it's made some long-time fans soooo het up.. the fact that it was George's idea originally has somehow passed them by.
rocker Posted - 05/12/2006 : 15:36:50
got it...awesome...after all the times I listened to "I Want to Hold Your Hand"...what a mix of musical energeeeee.....that explains what all the fuss was about at the time and that keeps up to this day and really for the next hundreds of years....creative geniuses that put it all together...all you need is love...
rocker Posted - 30/11/2006 : 16:23:10
Well as the kid Martin says..."a really good band recorded by a really good producer"...
MikeP Posted - 30/11/2006 : 03:19:57
As I said a few posts back, it seems that Beatles remastering has already started.
I think that fresh remastering of music in general is a HUGELY important issue, and is a major bugbear of mine. A lot of our favourites have still only been remastered once from the analog master tapes, perhaps fifteen years ormore ago. These tapes start to decay after about thirty years even if kept in good storage conditions. Unless they are digitally redone again soon, there will be some very important records or recording sessions that will never yield up the full glory of their content in they way that these Beatles recordings have.. and there's always going to be the human factor. Not everyone in charge of this process will be a Martin.
rocker Posted - 29/11/2006 : 14:37:00
So will there be Beatle remasters? I guess it would be like how the the Stones did it right? I picked up High Tide and Green Grass remastered and was just absolutely floored by the new "notes" I heard. Never knew there was a piano on "Satisfaction". If there will be Beatle remasters would love to "re-hear" the harmony in "I Feel Fine". For me, the Beatles since the 60's are always sounding new to me when they keep putting out their newer sonically updated albums. I just note things I never heard before in all my earlier times of listening. In that way the songs are so different.
MikeP Posted - 28/11/2006 : 22:38:46
I should have said 'home' audio equipment. I dont have an I-pod myself, but I'm prepared to bet that a lot of the listening done with them is only half-listening as a distraction from or antidote to mundane activities. Some music is suited to this, other stuff not. I don't think that I'd get the maximium benefit from 'Love' like that, and think that it's a record to get totally absorbed in via a good home system - it deserves it, and full attention. Having said that, I'm curious to find out what it's like as a 'driving' record. There's a 5:1 Surround Sound version, which must be amazing.
rocker Posted - 28/11/2006 : 14:54:03
The cd will be in my library soon...Just a point...Everybody knows about the ipod and how it's changed music and listening habits. But I find that it's kind of ironic that with all the new recording technology coming out as you noted that people are now doing their listening on a little piece of metal and through earbuds. I'd just wonder if the ipod will move people away from their older music listening systems and how well it will make listeners appreciate the musicianship behind the overall music.
MikeP Posted - 28/11/2006 : 01:55:18
Takes all sorts, Rocker. It's not a case of not previously appreciating them. I have, in the past, been surrounded by Beatles music via the records of friends, radio, etc., know the words, like/love/hum/sing the tunes.. they were omnipresent, commonplace. I've always been one for going off and quietly exploring musics' nooks and crannies, knowing that if I wanted to listen to some bands then all I had to do was knock on a door or turn a dial. I only got my first Beach Boys record in the last two years, have never bought a Who one, and only have one Stones one, which I haven't played for ten years., not deliberate 'cussedness', just found other things that floated my boat more, that were just 'different'. I guess John Peel's mainly to blame for my approach. Second thoughts, 'blame' is definitely NOT the right word, other than in a droll sense. For all my record buying, which has gone into four figures, I know that there's tons of music that I would love if I heard it, but never will.
As for the 'Love Album', why you should buy it, and why I did, well, all I can aay is that I have never heard their music sound so fresh, vibrant, exhilarating as it now does. There's technology now that was not available then, which Martin has been granted the oppportunity to use in his twilight years, and perhaps for the first time achieve what he wanted to do, but knew not how. Also, it has dawned on many, myself included, that mixes that EMI approved at the time did not necessarily do justice to the band's musicianship, and went for the commercial, 'safe' approach. Shackles that people did not necessarily know were there have been loosened, if not totally removed - it must be conceded that the record company will still be out to make their money from this record - and this, along with the audio equipment now available to listeners has lead to a piece of work that in my opinion is simply overwhelming. One day all Beatles records will sound this good. Finding out how good is only a few bucks away. It's not worth the angst, as there are sadly other things in this world far more worth getting upset about. Just open your wallet and take your mind off them for a while. This record's made for it.
rocker Posted - 27/11/2006 : 15:04:51
Aftee the remarks now I'm real interested in hearing the album.
But really what is it that makes it so good? Bear with me but aren't the songs just re-packaged? Or are they "re-worked"? Is it the fact of the sound revelations? What is it? Re-dos are perilous at times but it seems this one seems to be on Beatlesphile lists.
MikeP..man I'm shocked , just shocked on that first Beatle album bought bit....;-)...you really must've went your own musical way all these years..;-)...
MikeP Posted - 26/11/2006 : 23:37:32
Having now done some more digging on the 'net, it seems that remixing of the bands albums may have already been started. Hope so, and that it's Martin Jr. in charge. The release of this record will create a huge demand for this, and the heirachy at EMI bound to be seeing pound note/dollar signs floating before their eyes..

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page