Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 a concert that left me a- stounded

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bob f. Posted - 23/04/2006 : 17:04:34
the concert at the Valley Music Theater , in the San Fernando Valley, 1966: The Byrds, and The Buffalo Springfield played on a revolving stage! yeah, it actually revolved! the audience surrounded the stage. the theater is round. now it is a Jehova Witness church. that theater also had Hendrix, Love,the Doors, and others back then. i'm awaiting, still, for music to return to the valley .
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cal Jam Posted - 26/04/2006 : 00:42:52
Erm...Arthur Lee & Love, live at Newcastle a couple of years ago.

I had the albums, but had never heard Arthur live.

Man, that guy is legendary. Me and my mate went along expecting to see an acid casualty clinging on to former years (someone mention Sky Saxon?), but he sounded so fresh, vibrant, and vital.

His songs could have been recorded yesterday, they still sounded so alive.

Magical.
Allan Posted - 23/04/2006 : 18:13:55
bob f.

That brings back a memory for me. In '66/'67, the music scene in Philly was at smaller venues. The Electric Factory, the 2nd Fret, and the Gilded Cage, all eventually succumbed to the larger venues...The Spectrum and even outdoor complexes like stadiums. There were times, however, when the Spectrum would have concerts-in-the-round...a revolving stage. I remember seeing Steppenwolf in-the-round there...they had layed their amps down flat so people could see them 360. There was another obscure place outside of New Hope, PA called the Lambertville Music Circus where I saw the Goodbye Cream Tour in-the-round.

Allan

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page