Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 FAO Kula Shaker fans

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kula John Posted - 16/03/2006 : 00:30:37
Sorry, i know im always going on about KS but i know there are a couple of other fans on this board!! If you go to www.kulashaker.net you can download their recent comeback gig at milton keynes. The gig was last sat so it's great to be able to hear it so soon. There are also 4-5 brand new tracks revealed so it's very exciting. Enjoy!!

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jellybean Posted - 24/03/2006 : 12:30:13
thanks for that link, I always nag my mother about the complete waste of her youth and not seeing all the bands that came to the northeast, I could have been the love child of robert plant..we have the same hair!
her biggest claim to fame was seeing herman and his soddin hermits and bein told to F off by graeme nash when he was in the hollies. I took her to the Crosby and nash gig at the sage last year as she was gonna have her revenge hehe..didn't happen..coward
Cal Jam Posted - 24/03/2006 : 11:52:19
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

quote:
Originally posted by Cal Jam
Kula Shaker are playing in Sunderland soon, which is the place where all aging indie bands eventually go to die. Like the Bluetones.

When I lived in North Yorkshire in the 60s Sunderland had a great reputation for gigs, I used to go to them at I think the Locarno, what I can remember is that they were promoted as being presented by the Fillmore North or perhaps Fillmore North East. Which really appealed to me as I was heavily into all the West Coast US bands.

Sunderland used to be fabulous for gigs! Definitely! But over the last 30 years, it has gone down hill!

It's got a thriving local music scene these days, but as far as big names playing there, it rarely happens!

While a bit too young to have seen the great bands that used to play in Sunderland, I read Geoff Docherty's autobiography. He used to be the promoter in Sunderland at the time and booked all the great bands, including Country Joe & The Fish, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, The Pink Floyd etc.

There's a great interview with him here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/music/2004/01/geoff_docherty.shtml

And some great pics:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/music/2004/01/images/geoff/gallery/01.shtml
mikeb Posted - 24/03/2006 : 00:09:07
quote:
Originally posted by Cal Jam
Kula Shaker are playing in Sunderland soon, which is the place where all aging indie bands eventually go to die. Like the Bluetones.

When I lived in North Yorkshire in the 60s Sunderland had a great reputation for gigs, I used to go to them at I think the Locarno, what I can remember is that they were promoted as being presented by the Fillmore North or perhaps Fillmore North East. Which really appealed to me as I was heavily into all the West Coast US bands.
Kula John Posted - 23/03/2006 : 19:27:38
Well actually this is just a warm up tour for KS to get back into it seeing as theyve not played together for a good 6 years!! They will be doing a bigger tour later in the year according to sources. They arent dying just yet!! Theyve only just begun again

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Cal Jam Posted - 23/03/2006 : 19:10:49
quote:
Originally posted by The sweet disorder

You have thought that Jay would ditch the Mancunian no-marks for a Kula Shaker reunion. Surely he can't be making any money out of the Oasis gig??

Judging by the size of venues that Oasis play, compared to the ones Kula Shaker are doing on their latest tour, maybe he's better off where he is, if he's worried about his finances!

Kula John Posted - 23/03/2006 : 18:34:54
Well yeh thats a good question. I really don't know what kind of money you would earn from touring with oasis. Although i believe jay was never happy with the way KS split so maybe theyve not resolved any differences. May be wrong though.

The sweet disorder Posted - 23/03/2006 : 14:12:18
You have thought that Jay would ditch the Mancunian no-marks for a Kula Shaker reunion. Surely he can't be making any money out of the Oasis gig??
Kula John Posted - 16/03/2006 : 01:17:01
jevvas have split......crispian, alonza and paul have reformed kula shaker, without jay darlington unfortunately who is still touring with oasis. Dan and andy from the jeevas have formed a new band called 'the magic bullet band' (check them out on myspace).

Cal Jam Posted - 16/03/2006 : 00:55:22
They've made a comeback?

What happened to the Jeevas?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page