Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 Concerts
 Knackered in Brighton

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sunzoomspark Posted - 06/04/2005 : 11:24:26
Echols on fire. Randle raises his game. Arthur clearly knackered. No new songs. Time for a rest? Maybe write some new songs?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MikeP Posted - 07/04/2005 : 13:11:16
Re: the volume. Oh how I'd love to see an acoustic set now Johnny's back on board. I reckon it'd be a beautiful night. Here's hoping.
Gill Posted - 06/04/2005 : 15:14:19
I didn't think Arthur looked any more "knackered" last night at Brighton than he did at the other gigs I've been to this time around. I'd probably agree that the set wasn't as tight as the one they did last year at the Concorde as that was one of the best ones I've seen but I've no complaints about last nights other than the fact that it was just a bit too loud. In such a small place the sound gets distorted very easily and the mega guitar playing from Mike and Johnny suffered a little to my ears as a result of that.

I must also add that three concerts in a row travelling from Sheffield via Norwich to Brighton left me feeling quite tired, so I guess Arthur may be feeling the pace a little bit too!

Love
Gill
haddocksrock Posted - 06/04/2005 : 14:30:37
Saw them last year at the Concorde. They did one of the tightest most rocking sets I have seen from anybody for years. But last night I felt was abit loose. The first couple of numbers were really a bit of a shambles. However they did manage to retrieve the show from then on. I would say that Love should be like Ali as in 'float like a butterfly, sting like a bee' not the other way round. Another small point I expect Uriah Heep to be mega loud but not a group who have Arthur Lee as the main vocal point and JE as a returning guitarist. Keep it down a notch fellas!
Sunzoomspark Posted - 06/04/2005 : 13:52:06
It's the only time out of five gigs that I've been to where Arthur has been less than sensational. He seemed a tad distracted, and like I said, tired. It really was Echols and Randle night for me. Someone posted that the band had finished an album - if so, why do we just keep getting the not very good 'Rainbow in the Storm'?
Old_Man Posted - 06/04/2005 : 13:44:37
Arthur was in great form on Sunday in Sheffield. Superb performance!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page