Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 Concerts
 Review of House of Blues Show

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tina Posted - 06/11/2004 : 16:40:28
http://www.popmatters.com/music/concerts/l/love-030819.shtml

Found this article when surfing the web - can't remember having seen it before. Cheers folks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigrubberglove Posted - 19/11/2004 : 03:44:13
To set the record straight, THIS was a review of the August 19th show.

"Many revelers who were in attendance or have managed to get a hold of bootleg recordings are calling this August 19th appearance not merely the greatest Love show they ever caught but the best rock n' roll show of their entire concert-going career.

The photo is of the Spaceland show. The web site simply used an old image. This happens a fair amount on the web."

Lizzyb Posted - 09/11/2004 : 20:51:05
well, i had the right venue, wrong year

c'est la vie

Keep on shining
bob f. Posted - 08/11/2004 : 00:41:38
Arthur in striped t-shirt is from SPACELAND , first freedom show. HOUSE OF BLUES show, aug. 19, 2003, of which i have recording of , is one great show! i can't wait for recordings of the recent u.s. tour!!! wilshire ebell theater, hollywood, rocked!!! (sept. 29th), and all the shows recently in america!
Tina Posted - 07/11/2004 : 09:10:37
Bob, I think its the 19th August 2003 show at the House of Blues (i.e. quite a while after Arthur's release), the gig that there is a DVD available of on Castleblue, which in UK gigs I have heard Arthur refer to as one of his best ever shows.
bob f. Posted - 07/11/2004 : 01:58:12
Tina- your post referrs to Arthur's first show since FREEDOM, A FEW YEARS AGO. i wentr to his second show, at the KNITTING FACTORY,hollywood, may 1, 2002: really powerful!this was his second show after his return from prison. i have seen him several times since then, and this show is still my favorite! it was a non- forever changes /orchestra event, but , lee and band(randle doing the F.C. ORCHESTRA parts, was really cool! LOVE rocked , and still do now!
Tina Posted - 07/11/2004 : 00:45:09
And all the touristy stuff as well - the film star's houses - and Sunset Strip - and Laurel Canyon - and the Hollywood sign - and the beach where they do Baywatch - etc etc
Lizzyb Posted - 06/11/2004 : 21:03:52
thanks Tina

the photo with the stripey shirt looks like the pic is from the spaceland show early on (2002? after knitting factory)

hey tina there are so many venues to put on Our Love Itinerary for a week in LA - must get lots of photos.....

Keep on shining

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page