Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 Concerts
 Collingswood NJ 10/14

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Allan Posted - 15/10/2004 : 06:16:21
I met up with Fraser at the merchandise booth. First thing he told me was he wished he could take a hot bath. Told him hello again and that geef said hello. That got him going a bit. He seems like a nice lad. I told him he needs to stop pooping on the bus, because that just isn't the proper thing for a merchant selling wares. We laughed a bit over that.

The Scottish Rite Auditorium was built in 1938. The sound quality and accoustics were better than last night at Town Hall. This place had resonance...the sound carried well throughout the venue.

My guess is that the place holds about 1,000 people, and there were about 300-400 people there. It looked like most of the fans were there for The Zombies. Arthur kind of laughed a bit when he first came out and saw how few people were there, but proceeded to give a great set. I thought they were kickin' tonight...they were tight.

The band seemed more sedate tonight. Mike wasn't as animated nearly as much as last night. I'm thinking the band is seeing the tour coming to its end, and I'll bet they're tired.

After the set, I went back out and harassed Fraser a little more. I thought I'd hang out a while, and sure enough, Arthur and Johnny soon arrived. This time, I got them both to sign my FC LP cover. There was a nice small crowd that soon gathered for autographs. They left soon afterwards. A little while later, Mike came out. He finally put my name to a face, and we sat and chatted for about 15 minutes. The first thing he said to me was he wished he could take a hot bath. Deja vu. Well, whoever saw Monica Lewinsky last night was correct...Mike and Rusty and her are pals. Got Mike to sign my LP.

A little while later, Dave Chapple came out. Chatted with him a little...and got his autograph too. He has a great signature. He didn't say anything about a hot bath.

I waited for Rusty and Daddyo, but they didn't make it. Prolly went back to the bus.

Only side notes I jotted down on the set list are

A House Is Not A Motel...Echols took lead, and it was great

7 and 7 Is...Got the full effect this time-Mike and Johnny sounding terrific

Red Telephone...Mike's lead was rippin'

Signed DC...same Bluesy version as last night but sounding better

Everybody's Gotta Live/Instant Karma was a real crowd pleaser

Your Mind And We Belong Together..Echols was just killer on lead.

Singing Cowboy...Echols did his Hendrix impersonation. He flipped that guitar over the back of his head, and while playing, he never missed a lick. Pretty cool!

Set List
-A House Is Not A Motel
-Alone Again Or
-7 and 7 Is
-Old Man
-You Set The Scene
-Red Telephone
-My Flash On You
-Signed DC
-Everybody's Gotta Live/Instant Karma
-Your Mind And We Belong Together
-Singing Cowboy
-Little Red Book
-Orange Skies
-Between Clark and Hilldale

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lizzyb Posted - 17/10/2004 : 23:14:32
What i'm torn between is happiness that it's been going well on stage and pure clear jealousy that you guys have been hearing not only our usual heroes but also Mr Echols.

don't think i'd care if i was standing or sitting. at york i was half kneeling backwards on a pew..... as long as the music was good

Keep on shining
Allan Posted - 16/10/2004 : 11:55:17
jazzy mary-I haven't received your e-mail. Sometimes the link 'click here to send an e-mail' doesn't work from the profile. My e-mail addy is peaceful97@comcast.net

Please write me. I love meeting new people

Gill Posted - 15/10/2004 : 16:24:16
Thanks Allan for the review of NJ. Shame the place wasn't full but as you say Arthur seems to give his all no matter how many people are there.

I'm split (well I am a Gemini) between seated and standing. I do agree that generally it's a much better atmosphere when standing, but then again these 50 year old bones quite like to sit down as welll....

Love
Gill
jazzy mary Posted - 15/10/2004 : 16:08:06
Allan, I wish I could have been there!!!!!!! Btw, did you get my e-mail? Please let me know if you got it. Thanks.
LarryNYC Posted - 15/10/2004 : 14:11:32
Yes Tina, I know the Robin, sadly proper rock n roll venues are getting scarce these days.
Tina Posted - 15/10/2004 : 09:14:24
Great reviews Allan, thanks very much for sharing your experiences with us.

Larry, I'm with you on preferring stand up venues (definitely with bars!!)- the Robin in Wolverhampton was a classic of the genre on the last UK tour, it even had "Noddys Bar", named after Noddy Holder with pictures of the aforesaid Sladeite on the walls, which was just the icing on the cake!!
LarryNYC Posted - 15/10/2004 : 07:35:20
Glad to hear you had a much better night than we had together at the town hall, I'll never go to a gig there again thats for sure and from what Mike said in his diary about the union bull**** not sure they will want to return.Over all I'm pretty pleased that the band is well back on track, just got the wrong seat in the wrong venue.
Next time I hope they play a club date, rock and roll and no bar kind of runs against the grain, we need a good size mostly stand up venue thats not afraid to wake up the sound system.
Then again FC with orchestra in Central Park ?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page