Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Arthur Lee and Love 2006 is this new line up?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Basil Mash Posted - 20/02/2006 : 22:41:10
http://www.garagepunk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23582&sid=8150f01b0e27ab1040bc113c231348b0
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
otiselevator Posted - 30/03/2006 : 23:39:21
My April copy of "Mojo" just arrived complete with picture and details of the new, "Memphis based" love, including Johnny Echols. "New Recordings" are promised as well as songs from the first four albums and a tour of US/Europe. Whooooooooooope!! Fingers Crossed!
The sweet disorder Posted - 27/03/2006 : 21:59:18
Thanks for the mammaries!!!
steve64 Posted - 26/03/2006 : 19:52:51
There are recent photos of all the surviving members of 13th Floor Elevators at http://www.rokyerickson.net in the Elevators section

quote:
Originally posted by astrolobe33

quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

what is an electric jug anyway..how did they use it?? as much as I like the floors, I wish they had done at least one jug free song

Ah yes, I remember thinking the same thing at one time (actually, there are a few songs sans jug). BUT... after having set foot on that floor a bunch of times, and then up thru the roof hatch, well... after that you don't so much notice it anymore. In fact, it becomes most agreeable and, were it to be somehow removed, you would find yourself feeling quite cheated.

Tommy wasn't really the "front" man, only Roky Erickson can fill up that shoe. But he was the band's leader in ways--he wrote or co-wrote most of the lyrics, and generally guided their heads toward the group's goal.
They wanted him up there performing with them, and since he played no instrument nor could he sing with much force, thus was born the terrific "electric jug" ( =jug + microphone + duct tape + blowmanblow) !
-Jon

hey ho! lets go!
Merlyn Merlot Posted - 25/03/2006 : 20:47:49
I'm greatly appreciative that we can keep abreast of all things Love related
astrolobe33 Posted - 25/03/2006 : 20:38:00
Don't believe em when they say
Jugs are bad, n'kay?
Merlyn Merlot Posted - 25/03/2006 : 17:15:58
juggle the love
Arnstein Posted - 25/03/2006 : 01:34:46
I dont do jugs!
jellybean Posted - 25/03/2006 : 00:30:01
makes you wonder how they come up with these things, like they were just passing there kitchen cuboard one day and though "oooo now that would make a good noise"
s'pose i would feel cheated without the jug

free the jugs!
astrolobe33 Posted - 24/03/2006 : 21:55:34
quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

what is an electric jug anyway..how did they use it?? as much as I like the floors, I wish they had done at least one jug free song

Ah yes, I remember thinking the same thing at one time (actually, there are a few songs sans jug). BUT... after having set foot on that floor a bunch of times, and then up thru the roof hatch, well... after that you don't so much notice it anymore. In fact, it becomes most agreeable and, were it to be somehow removed, you would find yourself feeling quite cheated.

Tommy wasn't really the "front" man, only Roky Erickson can fill up that shoe. But he was the band's leader in ways--he wrote or co-wrote most of the lyrics, and generally guided their heads toward the group's goal.
They wanted him up there performing with them, and since he played no instrument nor could he sing with much force, thus was born the terrific "electric jug" ( =jug + microphone + duct tape + blowmanblow) !
-Jon
michael Posted - 24/03/2006 : 18:47:07
The best is still yet to come.Arthur will come back and blow away all the nay-sayers and negatives out there.He's got a ton of good shows left in him.He will have another band and he will give us some of his greatest performances ever in the near future.For a man with so much talent,It's inevitable man!See ya at the 2006 shows ! And who knows,he may even include some of his old bandmates!We should all get behind Arthur in a POSITIVE manner! No matter what actions he chooses to make.

Peace and Love...God Bless...Michael...("Thanks Muddy Waters wherever you are for inventing electricity")
Merlyn Merlot Posted - 24/03/2006 : 17:28:44
Tommy Hall, the 13th Floors front dude
would hold a microphone close to his jug and let fur fly

i wonder if he tried to Join the music union with his um Ax
I'm sure one would have to drain the content of the jug to alter the (hiccup) pitch

No Truth to the rumor that "You're Gonna Miss Me Babe"
was written when the rest of the band demanded the Jug must Go
jellybean Posted - 24/03/2006 : 12:03:01
Merlyn Merlot Posted - 24/03/2006 : 08:51:28
I play a mean electric Jug
as long as its micked properly
Like In every 13 Floor Elevator song

Free the Jugs
jellybean Posted - 23/03/2006 : 23:17:32
I play a mean bongo
waxburn Posted - 23/03/2006 : 21:33:09
quote:
Originally posted by kdion11

Rhythm. Sorry about that, almost got it though. It's free so you get what you get.
(but I would want $ for my tamborine parts should they come out
on a quasi legal release, after all, I plan to write my own
tamborine parts.)

Yep, and don't forget to write 'em down on those track / session /
recording sheets too !

Free the sheets !
[/quote]

Not my session, I'll just be trying to play the tamborine parts.
Everything on one sheet, right?

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page