Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 the Castle

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
philo Posted - 21/10/2005 : 05:33:06
Is Love's house, "The Castle", the same "Castle" that is mentioned in certain biographies of bands like the Velvet Underground and the Doors as a party house? When and for how long did the members of Love there? Was it indeed Bela Lugosi's former house, or was it just the solitary fireplace that was once part of Bela Lugosi's residence? Where exactly in L.A. was this "Castle" located? Where was the fireplace located? What remains of these rock 'n' roll historical landmarks? I realize any of these questions might be hard to answer, but all responses would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Philo

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdion11 Posted - 21/10/2005 : 23:47:43
Speaking of the Velvet Underground, I heard once the perfect description of Arthur Lee and LOVE: "The West Coast Velvet Underground". Very apropos considering how influential the band has been as well as the timeless albums the original line up made.

Free the quotes !

quote:
Originally posted by philo

Is Love's house, "The Castle", the same "Castle" that is mentioned in certain biographies of bands like the Velvet Underground and the Doors as a party house? When and for how long did the members of Love there? Was it indeed Bela Lugosi's former house, or was it just the solitary fireplace that was once part of Bela Lugosi's residence? Where exactly in L.A. was this "Castle" located? Where was the fireplace located? What remains of these rock 'n' roll historical landmarks? I realize any of these questions might be hard to answer, but all responses would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Philo

torben Posted - 21/10/2005 : 08:57:23
Take a look here:
http://love.torbenskott.dk/thecastle2003.asp

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page