Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Collectable?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Susan B. Posted - 05/10/2005 : 22:50:42
I have a vinyl Love album called Love Live released by Rhino in 1982. It was recorded at the Whiskey on October 20, 1978 by John Sterling. The whole front of the album is a picture of Love from 1966 taken on a staircase with Bryan holding a framed picture. Art is at the top of the stairs wearing his famous multi color sunglasses.
It looks like it has never been played and is in mint condition. Does anybody have this album? Is it rare? Ed (Freedom Man) I don't want to trade this one. It is a beautiful work of art and I am looking for the perfect frame so I can hang it on my wall.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Susan B. Posted - 13/10/2005 : 02:30:26
I was just curious to see if it was unusual. The money is nothing compared to the work of art that it is. Maybe someday I will have it signed by JE and AL. I never thought that I would see them again in the 21st century and look what happened. Anything is possible.
torben Posted - 10/10/2005 : 08:21:16
The difference is discreibed here:
http://love.torbenskott.dk/albums.asp#LoveLive
Dukie Posted - 10/10/2005 : 00:32:03
There is a slight difference in the content of the two releases....John Sterling was recording the 1975 UK shows with a Panasonic(I think) radio cassette player (if my memory serves me well..)...
astrolobe33 Posted - 06/10/2005 : 17:31:08
quote:
The picture disc is worth about $20 dollar.I have the picture disc.
Cheers,
Ed

Me too, I just won an auction for one on eBay last summer for just under $10, +5/ship. Bid against only one other person--couldn't believe it cos I saw plenty of 'em go for closer to 20 before. Anyway, Susan, I'd definitely call it collectible! And do be sure to give it a listen before you hang it (if you haven't already), I think it's a really cool album. It's great to hear Bryan at that point in time.
-Jon

p.s.-Yet another usage of that same photograph is on the cover of an LP called "the Third Coming of Love", that's also pretty good. I think I wrote a review of it in this forum on a thread with that title.

p.p.s--tip of the day: It's generally not a good idea to order vinyl LP's to be delivered by mail during the hottest summer months! Both of these records got slightly warped sitting on my front porch by the time I got home... But in a flash of insight, I decided to try sandwiching them between two pieces of plywood, with a 20-lb. weight on top, and put 'em back out in the sun for a couple more hours, then let them cool inside like that til the next day.
It worked! <whew!>
The Freedom Man Posted - 06/10/2005 : 07:57:53
The picture disc is worth about $20 dollar.I have the picture disc.

Cheers,
Ed

http://www.thefreedomman.com/love/mikepage2.html
PRESS THE LINK!
boombox Posted - 06/10/2005 : 02:47:55
If it's $20 for the regular version, anyone know how much the picture disc is worth - and no, I'm not selling mine!!
Arnstein Posted - 06/10/2005 : 01:36:04
No Susan, its not worth anything! Please give it to me now! :P
ladylove Posted - 05/10/2005 : 23:28:49
I have always thought the same thing, oldfartatplay -- JE really does look like a masculine Johnny Mathis I just love those crotch shots
oldfartatplay Posted - 05/10/2005 : 23:23:20
Hi Susan B - I'm not sure if the album is at all rare,but I have got both a regular Vinyl copy of the album,and a Picture Disc version which I have had set into a circular wooden frame(similar to the design on the front of The Dead's album 'American Beauty'),and it looks mighty fine!I think that is my favourite pic of the early band,and Rhino used it again as the cover for the 'Love Story' CD Box Set.The pic used on the cover of Disc 1,was also used on a Rhino 'Best of Love' vinyl album from the same period,and features Arthur with his 'boots-sans-laces' look,pre-dating Run DMC & co by a couple of decades.It's always struck me that the youthful Johnny Echols looked remarkably like Johnny Mathis,while Arthur sang & sounded like him at times.Those pics just capture the band in that whole '66 sun-kissed/time-coast bubble moment... andthey even provided the soundtrack!Shine On - JR.
The Freedom Man Posted - 05/10/2005 : 23:05:12
Susan,

Don't worry Susan, I have this one also.It is not very rare.Every now and then you can see it on eBay.For about $20 bucks you can be the owner.It's a nice piece though.
It would look nice, framed with an autograph of Arthur and Johnny to go with it.
But if you ever want to trade for the statue............

http://www.thefreedomman.com/love/mikepage2.html
PRESS THE LINK!
Susan B. Posted - 05/10/2005 : 22:58:19
P.S. I just looked at the back of the album and it is a picture of the back cover. (Picture of Arthur and Bryan and all the back cover information.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page