Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Where is the LOVE???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ladylove Posted - 21/09/2005 : 03:54:50
As a lifelong LOVE fan, I am totally disheartened at the split between AL and the band. I know he can be a real pain in the a** but he is the most integral part of the success of the group. Simply put, without him there is no group. With all his problems, did the Doors 'fire' Jim Morrison?? Nope. They found a way to cope and now that he's gone, it seems like they're all struggling to make some $. He was the leader, just like AL, like it or not.

I was so excited to see Johnny rejoin the group he co-founded. It seemed like they were going to be playing more gigs even here in the States. But, without AL, I doubt that The Love Band will be getting many gigs anywhere. These guys are getting older and time may be running out. Isn't there any way to make it work with them together Or has the dream died

I just hate that we are being deprived of seeing this fantastic group perform, and I pray that they will find a way to reunite. Otherwise, we may have seen our last LOVE concert -- good, bad or indifferent. It's such a shame.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Scottishkeith Posted - 28/09/2005 : 11:05:39
[quote]Originally posted by Wendy from When

Some people are just to willing to accept what they are fed as "facts". Does anyone here really know the circumstances of ALs no show or are they simply accepting the explanation they were given. Just because a person doesn't explain themselves to you does not make the explanation you decide to accept Fact. Unless you have seen a signed contract with AL's name on it you quite simply do not know that he ever agreed to do any shows at all! This is of course an exageration to make a point, but it illustrates the business side of it all. I heard somewhere that AL claimed HE was owed monies from the previous tour. Not an excuse for sure but perhaps... just perhaps a reason. It's all conjecture and second hand news...even the "diaries. Whatever. Let's see what will happen now. Should be interesting.

It's OK finelyfree... Cheryl obviously knows a bit about trolls which is more than we can see she knows about racism or some other realities of life outside "The OC".

Where IS the LOVE??? I certainly would like to heard AL and BL one more time!!!
[/quote

As I said Wendy you have to be close enough to know the facts
There's always 2 sides to any story.

Anyway I see ,despite not being on the board for some time,that the "Love one another" approach is still being taken by you folks.

"Everbody's gotta live"

I was dressed for success
Wendy from When Posted - 28/09/2005 : 07:34:15
Some people are just to willing to accept what they are fed as "facts". Does anyone here really know the circumstances of ALs no show or are they simply accepting the explanation they were given. Just because a person doesn't explain themselves to you does not make the explanation you decide to accept Fact. Unless you have seen a signed contract with AL's name on it you quite simply do not know that he ever agreed to do any shows at all! This is of course an exageration to make a point, but it illustrates the business side of it all. I heard somewhere that AL claimed HE was owed monies from the previous tour. Not an excuse for sure but perhaps... just perhaps a reason. It's all conjecture and second hand news...even the "diaries. Whatever. Let's see what will happen now. Should be interesting.

It's OK finelyfree... Cheryl obviously knows a bit about trolls which is more than we can see she knows about racism or some other realities of life outside "The OC".

Where IS the LOVE??? I certainly would like to heard AL and BL one more time!!!
ladylove Posted - 28/09/2005 : 01:35:41
I've been around long enough and close enough to know that AL doesn't give a damn what anybody thinks about him and never has. None of these guys have any money to speak of, so I doubt anyone has opened up any 'coffers'.

If they hadn't done that tour, there would have been lawsuits against AL and JE because their names were attached to the bill. Maybe even the band, but I'm not sure about that. AL's actions were inexcusable, and I'm not here to defend him. I doubt that he thought anything about JE -- he was probably too consumed with his dislike for others involved
MikeP Posted - 28/09/2005 : 01:18:06
You don't dump on your 'brother'. Everyone on that tour - ie. including JE - lost a lot of money due to Mr.Lee, who, I'm sure, if he regarded JE as unavoidable 'colateral damage', will have doubtless by now opened up his coffers - which he must have, if he was going to open a club - in order to compensate him. What odds?
ladylove Posted - 27/09/2005 : 23:25:36
I think the reference to 'internet trolls' is offensive to WFW and completely unnecessary. She is just voicing her opinions, and some of them happen to be very correct. You may not want to hear it, but it's true. LOVE without AL will never succeed. TLB has a slim chance with JE, but don't forget that JE and AL are "brothers" and that alliance will NEVER go away.

I'd be careful about hurling insults, Cheryl -- especially considering your recent posts about racism. A white girl in Orange County -- what a surprise -- NOT!! Have you ever visited a dear friend in jail after he was hurled to the ground and beaten just because he was DWB? Based on your comments, I doubt it.
ocfan Posted - 27/09/2005 : 21:19:03
Well said ScottishK. I agree with Lizzy.
And Robert, looked up internet trolls. I think you got it!!!

Cheryl
Wendy from When Posted - 27/09/2005 : 19:58:46
Good,,,, all friends now!!!
Scottishkeith Posted - 27/09/2005 : 18:50:06
quote:
Originally posted by Wendy from When

Ahhh....New Blood is good blood

people keep writing about AL being "embarassed" and having a 'fear of failure". Are we talking about the same fellow. I have never seen or heard anything in his actions that would indicate that he gives a damn about what anyone else thinks.
but then perhaps i just haven't read the right anecdotes or been around for long enough

I don't know about being around long enough but, you probably haven't been close enough

Anyway all water under the bridge now.

Wendy from When Posted - 27/09/2005 : 17:33:52
Ahhh....New Blood is good blood

people keep writing about AL being "embarassed" and having a 'fear of failure". Are we talking about the same fellow. I have never seen or heard anything in his actions that would indicate that he gives a damn about what anyone else thinks.
but then perhaps i just haven't read the right anecdotes or been around for long enough
Lizzyb Posted - 27/09/2005 : 13:43:02
just about says it all

thanks sk

Keep on shining
Scottishkeith Posted - 27/09/2005 : 11:36:37
I haven't been on the board for some time as I was fed up reading remarks by people who didn't actually know some of the real facts surrounding the relationship between the bands an A.L.

Now maybe Mike should not have put our all his dirty washing for everyone to see but let me tell you he had real cause to.Unless of course you're the type of person who get's death threats on a regular basis.

I'm glad to see that Arthur is moving to Memphis , hopefully he'll get his head together again because it ain't been for quite some time.
When he's on form he's a star.

As for new material I personally don't think you'll see any from Arthur , the pressure to fail will be too much.

Mike and the guys had written some new "Love" material but I think that may well get shelved. There are other projects to be worked on and I'm sure thye'll continue to work with Johnny Echolls.

Let's face it folks we had a great 3 year spell but it's over and we must move on. If your were lucky enough to see Arthur , Mike , Rusty , Chapple and Daddyo (also the orchestra) during their tour a couple of years back you were certainly priviliged, I for one will never forget the experience. If you didn't then buy some of the DVD's available.

Best wishes to Arthur , hope you can get back on the rails and as for Mike and the boys well as they say in Scotland "what's for ye will no go by ye"

Keep The Faith

waxburn Posted - 27/09/2005 : 01:46:59
quote:
Originally posted by finelyfree

AL is the only one who could have invited JE. Don't forget, JE never even knew BL until he did his guest spot. And has been well documented, AL was the leader who made all decisions.

Since BL has been taking this abuse for quite some time (per MR's diaries), I wonder if JE's decision to leave with BL gave them the energy they needed to break off from AL???

Where this leaves Johnny remains to be seen. Just when he was finally able to make some dollars after over 3 decades, it all fell apart. I can only hope for the best. Maybe it's not like Humpty Dumpty...maybe these life-long buddies can put it all together again

So it was AL who had JE come join the band "permanentely'??
If that is the case, then I think there could still be hope, if the parties chill.
ladylove Posted - 27/09/2005 : 01:38:13
AL is the only one who could have invited JE. Don't forget, JE never even knew BL until he did his guest spot. And has been well documented, AL was the leader who made all decisions.

Since BL has been taking this abuse for quite some time (per MR's diaries), I wonder if JE's decision to leave with BL gave them the energy they needed to break off from AL???

Where this leaves Johnny remains to be seen. Just when he was finally able to make some dollars after over 3 decades, it all fell apart. I can only hope for the best. Maybe it's not like Humpty Dumpty...maybe these life-long buddies can put it all together again

waxburn Posted - 27/09/2005 : 01:21:03
quote:
Originally posted by finelyfree

I know we are all upset over the split and the delay in announcing ANY concerts for either AL or TLB.

Nobody is denying AL's talent -- whether or not he's a genius is not for me to say -- that's up to a higher power.

This whole thing is one F***ING MESS -- a fact I think we can all agree on. So, here's a question to throw out there: Would BL have made this move if JE hadn't rejoined the group??

Finely, thats the 64,000 dollar question. My guess is that it all depends on just whose idea it was for JE to join the band permanently. I did hear on one of the cds, where JE was doing a guest spot, AL say that he had invited him.
kdion11 Posted - 27/09/2005 : 00:52:42
My thoughts exactly . At the Cafe du Nord Arthur
continually kept referring to this new club he and
Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were going to open in LA.

Yea right. GO ARTHUR !

quote:
Originally posted by jimmyboy

So, Arthur is headed for Memphis? What happened to the famous night club he was gonna open in Los Angeles? While were at it it, how about the BOOK?? Dream on.......

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page