Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Mojo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ben Posted - 03/09/2005 : 11:25:20
There's a small article about the state of Love and Arthur Lee in this month's Mojo which repeats much of which has been discussed here. It's not often you see the word "mutinous" in a rock magazine!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ladylove Posted - 05/09/2005 : 19:35:29
Thanks, Mikeb.
mikeb Posted - 05/09/2005 : 14:26:01
Mojo just dropped through my letterbox so here's the article:

Love Lost?
Arthur Lee's band have enough, decide to go it alone.

When Arthur Lee and Love played the Forever Changes album at London's Royal Festival Hall in 2003, it seemed as if he was finally set to make good on years of incarceration and unfulfilled promise. Last month, though, Lee's long-time backing group, Baby Lemonade and recently-rejoined '60s bandmate Johnny Echols announced they would no longer work with him.

Lee did not accompany the group on a UK tour in July- because God told him to, according to guitarist Mike Randle. The group subsequently declared that "Arthur Lee's mental and physical health has been in steady decline since the Zombies/Love tour of last year and combined with several disastrous performances, Johnny Echols and Baby Lemonade have now decided to move forward and continue to perform as 'The Love Band'."

Hinting that other past members of Love may be involved, Randle added that the band will record new material. "The Love Band (with Johnny Echols) will have the music with a new record," he claims, "and Johnny can continue to play the songs he contributed so beautifully to." Mainman Arthur Lee, meanwhile, was uncontactable at press time.

The article is headed with a relatively recent picture of Arthur in a black hat and shirt in front of some modern buildings that I don't recall seeing before and a smaller insert of Johnny and Mike playing. Captioned: Alone Again Or? Arthur Lee and (inset) mutinous lieutenants Johnny Echols (left) and Mike Randle.
ladylove Posted - 03/09/2005 : 20:41:40
Is there any way we can view this online??

Thanx,
FF

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page