Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Short Love pieces in September Mojo and Uncut

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
John E Posted - 04/08/2005 : 18:08:58
The latest Mojo is a Dylan special, and lists the Top 100 Dylan songs as chosen by various artists. Johnny Echols writes a short piece about "Positively Fourth Street". Meanwhile, the 100th issue of Uncut lists "100 Rock and Movie Icons" chosen by various artists.
Here, Robert Plant writes about "Forever Changes". Both magazines have free Dylan cover CDs with them. The Mojo one has some good covers (Julie Driscoll - This Wheels on Fire, Roger McGuinn - Up to Me, Fairports - Si Du Dois Partir and Burritos - To Ramona) plus some pretty ghastly ones. The Uncut CD features the whole of the "Highway '61 Revisited" album, covered by generally lesser-known
artists. Love to all, John E
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saucy Jack Posted - 10/08/2005 : 12:00:29
You got a lotta nerve
To say you are my friend
When I was down
You just stood there grinning

You got a lotta nerve
To say you got a helping hand to lend
You just want to be on
The side that's winning

caryne Posted - 07/08/2005 : 18:09:02
Just have to add, after John E 'seemed' to dismiss the Uncut Dylan 'covers' CD, that they may be 'lesser known' artists but there is some of my favourites on there, including the, ever wonderful Willard Grant Conspiracy, American Music Club, The Handsome Family, Richmond Fontaine and Songdog...to name a few...all in all an excellent 'freebie' I reckon.
mikeb Posted - 07/08/2005 : 14:23:54
For those on the board that don't see Mojo Johnny's comment on Positively 4th Street is:

"It deals with the duplicity of human beings and the nebulous nature of friendship. It's an incredibly important thing to cling on to in life, if you can. I knew that even in 1965 when this came out. I immediately connected with Dylan's take on humanity and the nature of hypocrisy. He spoke to me. It's a very New York song but it made perfect sense out on the West Coast. After Dylan went over big you could feel the style of music changing everywhere. Previously songs sort of went from C to A minor to F and G in a prescribed pattern but with Bob coming from folk music, the songs started to follow wherever the vocal melody went. That had a huge effect on everybody."

Johnny was interviewed for Mojo on the recent UK tour and from that first sentence he is obviously well aware of Arthur's shortcomings as a band member.
Lizzyb Posted - 05/08/2005 : 16:07:49
Positively 4th street

the (grown up 17 year old) prefect on my dinner table at school taught me all the words to it when I was 10. It took a whole week. Then my mother complained about that dirge I was singing.

those where the days my friend.

Keep on shining

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page