Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 That's the Arthur eye know and love

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
watchinallthepeople Posted - 02/08/2005 : 02:49:11
Maybee it's a pain in the ass if he's you're mate, but Arthur Lee and Love's f@cked up behaviour has always been part of the charm for me
one shoe
in a cave
robbin ice cream van's(aledgedly)
legendary
why dis the guy now and not thirty years ago?

eye luvs ya Arthur

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
astrolobe33 Posted - 04/08/2005 : 21:48:06
quote:
Originally posted by Allan

astrolobe33...I think Castenada was hanging out a lot more with don Juan Matus . I am currently reading the entire Castenada series again (for like the 7th time-comes to about once every five years). I obviously haven't tired of it . I first read them in 1970/71. There's so much more to the series than meets the eye. "One can look at things, but can one 'see' things

Allan

Allan, excellent! I've read em all too, and re-read a few. I'm currently replacing each of my old paperback copies with hardback ones. I agree, they are fantastic books. And you know, it's very possible that any of "our guys" might've met C.C., L.A. being one of Carlos' main residences (Westwood), at least especially in the 90's before he went on his "definitive journey" in '98 .

quote:

"One can look at things, but can one 'see' things

Indeed.
Does the Good Humor Man see everything like that?
One Wonders.
-Jon
Allan Posted - 04/08/2005 : 00:13:44
astrolobe33...I think Castenada was hanging out a lot more with don Juan Matus . I am currently reading the entire Castenada series again (for like the 7th time-comes to about once every five years). I obviously haven't tired of it . I first read them in 1970/71. There's so much more to the series than meets the eye. "One can look at things, but can one 'see' things

Allan
astrolobe33 Posted - 03/08/2005 : 22:44:17
quote:
Originally posted by waxburn

quote:
Originally posted by astrolobe33

waxburn, you seem to indicate some kind of connection with native "sorcerors," I don't suppose Arthur ever hung out with Castaneda over in Westwood?

Nobody really knows who those guys in the park, the ones dressed in black and white, hanging with ****** *** and his guitar, were.

Hmmmmm....
waxburn Posted - 03/08/2005 : 22:34:09
quote:
Originally posted by astrolobe33

waxburn, you seem to indicate some kind of connection with native "sorcerors," I don't suppose Arthur ever hung out with Castaneda over in Westwood?

Nobody really knows who those guys in the park, the ones dressed in black and white, hanging with ****** *** and his guitar, were.
astrolobe33 Posted - 03/08/2005 : 22:28:46
waxburn Posted - 03/08/2005 : 21:06:16
quote:
Originally posted by Old_Man

Would it be a bald rabbit? ;o)..........sorry.

OldMan, if anything, a scalped rabbitt.
Old_Man Posted - 03/08/2005 : 20:56:06
Would it be a bald rabbit? ;o)..........sorry.
waxburn Posted - 03/08/2005 : 17:17:13
quote:
Originally posted by LarryNYC

Ever the optimist eh Waxburn ?I can't blame you but think its all just wishful dreaming.

LarryNYC, all I know is what I read in the diaries.

There is no harm in hoping ****** *** can pull a rabbitt out of his hat.
LarryNYC Posted - 03/08/2005 : 16:39:56
Ever the optimist eh Waxburn ?I can't blame you but think its all just wishful dreaming.
waxburn Posted - 03/08/2005 : 14:36:53
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Brauer

I saw Love for first time on the Zombies tour, and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to...I was buzzing on it for months afterward. Then I saw them again at the Cafe Du Nord, and it was just sad....and I walked out, as many others did, completely bummed out. I definitely give my loyalty and support to the new LOve Band...with Michael Stuart Ware on drums too, he, he.

Can't you buy season tickets for BOTH teams?
I don't know anything about all this loyalty stuff, but I plan to catch both acts.
Somehow, I think that they will be inter-connected.
Phil Brauer Posted - 03/08/2005 : 09:27:49
I saw Love for first time on the Zombies tour, and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to...I was buzzing on it for months afterward. Then I saw them again at the Cafe Du Nord, and it was just sad....and I walked out, as many others did, completely bummed out. I definitely give my loyalty and support to the new LOve Band...with Michael Stuart Ware on drums too, he, he.
ocfan Posted - 03/08/2005 : 06:01:22
Well I personally saw the abuse Arthur gave Mike and Daddy-o at Spaceland and his condition at the Grove and Royce Hall etc. It's tough to lose that great voice but I know where MY loyalty lies. I will be following the LOVE band with Mike, Johnny, Dave, Daddy-o and the talented Rusty. Book it and we will come

Cheryl
waxburn Posted - 03/08/2005 : 05:29:49
quote:
Originally posted by watchinallthepeople

Actually yeah just read that Mike's Diary
Its a shame

The diary is very readable.

The new one would lead us to beleive that there may 2 competing
LOVE bands, the LOVE band with 2 (?) former members from the
glory days and the ****** ***'s LOVE band. The possibilities boggle the mind.
watchinallthepeople Posted - 02/08/2005 : 16:41:03
Actually yeah just read that Mike's Diary
Its a shame
John E Posted - 02/08/2005 : 15:36:07
Hi Watchinallthepeople,
I enjoy hearing all the old Arthur stories myself. When something has been heavily mythologised and can be put down to general Sixties weirdness, it's easy to detach from the full implications of it. Some of the things that have been said recently are far more worrying however...especially threats to the loved ones of people that you have personal contact with. All the best, John E

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page