Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 This has been an incredible run!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ruxprncd Posted - 20/07/2005 : 02:35:23
I've been a huge Love fan since the early 1980's (high school for me), and I remember wishing for years to have the chance to see Arthur perform. By the time the mid-1990's came around, I figured it would never happen - the few gigs that I was aware of were always in LA, and I was a good 1000 miles away.

Finally in 1996 I found out in advance about a small gig in LA and decided to fly down for the show. I checked out the venue a few hours early...and lo and behold I end up meeting Mike and the whole BL crew, getting treated to a mind-blowing sound check (must have been 1/2 hour or more, with great harp playing by Arthur), getting introduced to Arthur and getting a signature on the copy of FC I'd brought along. The show that night was fantastic - considering all that I'd heard about Arthur I literally couldn't believe my eyes and ears.

Then with the prison sentence it seemed to be all over...

I think it's safe to say that NOBODY thought it possible for Arthur to have the incredible resurrection of the past few years. Getting to see the band in top-class facilities with great sound systems and with Arthur at the absolute top of his game is something I'll never, ever forget. Highlights for me include the 'welcome back' show at the Knitting Factory in LA, and a great show in Seattle at the Experience Music Project (great stage, sound, lighting from the audience's viewpoint).

Regardless of what's next...all of this is just to say how much I appreciate the privelege of having experienced this amazing run, and to say a huge THANKS to Mike, Rusty, Dave, Daddyo, Gene, and everyone else who has put so much into this...including Arthur Lee, who has always been very gracious to me and who has delivered the most powerful musical performances I'll likely ever see.

Arthur has been nothing if not resilient, so let's not count him out yet...and let's look forward to Gethsemane.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
myoungish Posted - 20/07/2005 : 08:22:18
I'm getting seriously sentimental here, for 2002. First time I saw Arthur and Love was in l.a. Dragged my girlfriend and this brilliant Aboriginal sculptor friend from New Guinea. We were all blown away as soon as Arthur sauntered on stage, armed with tambourine and decked out in full singing cowboy regalia, as the bass propulsion of My Little Red Book shot straight up my spine. He was very sweet and patient after the show (especially to the lady) and if I'm not mistaken he was intent on getting a hot plate of nachos in his belly. Both the girlfriend and my sculptor friend were immediate converts, rushing to Amoeba Records in Hollywood to snatch up their own copies of Love, Da Capo, and FC.. Aah, the bloody good ol' daze.....

Michael Young
caryne Posted - 20/07/2005 : 08:12:18
I agree, without Gene we would have none of the last few years...that man deserves a place in rock history, never to be forgotten.
LarryNYC Posted - 20/07/2005 : 07:18:08
Hear Hear! Jazmaan without Gene none of this would have happened.
jazmaan Posted - 20/07/2005 : 05:56:27
Gene Kraut. The man who brought Love to the world! I'll never forget how he arranged and financed the 1996 tour completely on faith. He'd never even MET Arthur when he sent plane tickets for the whole band (and me) to fly to Europe. I think everyone, Gene, Arthur, the band and me were astonished when we stepped off the plane and proceeded to rock Scandinavia and London for 9 gigs in two weeks. And then 10 years later Gene masterminded the first ever live performances of Forever Changes with strings and horns! Let him NEVER be forgotten! I pray his family is doing well.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page