Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Update on Arthur

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GoodHumourMan Posted - 16/07/2005 : 15:00:29
Are there any updates on Arthur? Is this just a short-term thing of is Love about to become Love of the 21st Century.

DanGerMan
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Susan B. Posted - 29/07/2005 : 20:43:40
Bigrubberglove: LOL

Allan: Cancer the crab
July 8th
bigrubberglove Posted - 29/07/2005 : 19:49:47
John, that's interesting that Arthur has gone into real estate. ;)

As Mr. Lee well knows, a house is not a motel.

caryne Posted - 29/07/2005 : 16:15:45
lol
ruxprncd Posted - 29/07/2005 : 13:44:40
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

quote:
Originally posted by Susan B.

I wanted to add to my Arthur sighting story. Another reason that I did not approach him was because he started talking to two black dudes wearing white shirts and black pants. Somebody told me those are Crip colors. I have no idea. Is this true?

No idea about the 'Crips' but my husband is black and often wears white shirts and black trousers...he is a Design Technology Teacher and, to my knowledge, has no 'gangsta' tendencies!!!

Last year's survey indicated that the number one occupation used by Crips as cover for their outlaw ways was...you guessed it...Design Technology Teacher. Run Caryne, run!

;)
ocfan Posted - 29/07/2005 : 08:50:37
Hi Tina:
I'm no gang banger expert but I think the "colors" are bandanas they wear. Years ago, Black dickie pants and white t shirts were a 'gang" look. Now days they seem to set the fashion trend sometimes. But I believe the colors are related to their bandanas. Certain color shoelaces with certain shoes identifies some gang members also but I don't know about the Crips or Bloods. What do I know anyway? I'm a nana for heavens sake. Personally I like the look where the pants are twelve sizes too big, the skivies with the brand name are hanging out and they look like they have a load in their pants when they walk. And this look is now a fashion trend in Calif. Oh please.
And my Dad thought mini skirts and long hair on guys was bad. Ah the good old days in many ways.

Cheryl
ALLANAGAIN Posted - 29/07/2005 : 00:10:58
LOL John, "You can come and look if you wanna* LOVE Allan
John E Posted - 28/07/2005 : 23:09:07
Well the latest I've heard on Arthur, is that he's gone into real estate. Check this link: www.arthurlee.com Love, John E
Tina Posted - 28/07/2005 : 21:50:50
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips

They wear blue according to this...
caryne Posted - 28/07/2005 : 19:18:40
quote:
Originally posted by Susan B.

I wanted to add to my Arthur sighting story. Another reason that I did not approach him was because he started talking to two black dudes wearing white shirts and black pants. Somebody told me those are Crip colors. I have no idea. Is this true?

No idea about the 'Crips' but my husband is black and often wears white shirts and black trousers...he is a Design Technology Teacher and, to my knowledge, has no 'gangsta' tendencies!!!
Susan B. Posted - 28/07/2005 : 18:40:54
waxburn Posted - 28/07/2005 : 16:57:32
quote:
Originally posted by MHM

Just referring back to Waxburn about credits for drummers. It's true that they are often passed over by the 'main' writers in bands and seldon get their dues, but one band that springs to mind is Led Zep. Bonham got credits for Good Times, Bad Times and his mental drumming on Out On The Tiles - what a great track! - among others. Mooney with the Who got a couple too. Densmore Doors. Though they did split credits for an album or two but realising it caused friction in the band (Arthur are you reading this) they decided to go back to co-writing everything. If everyone gets an even split, then no-one - or everyone - ends up in the poor house. Some artists do put a seperate credit on the sleeve, should the lyricist want it known that it's his poetry on top etc. Whatever keeps the peace is always the answer.

And for those that hadn't noticed, the Bryan MacLean site is receiving a much overdue facelift. All the pages except the homepage and gallery are pretty much done and I've got permission to whack some clips of rarities on there, so do keep a check on the site.

If anyone has pics, reviews, write-ups of any sort relating to the original band - Torben is doing a fine job where the current band are concerned - or anything else, please get in touch.

cheers Chris

www.BryanMacLean.com www.ZENuk.com www.MileHighMusic.co.uk

MHM, songwriting credit is a touchy subject. Giving everyone
equal credit can lead to very bad habits, and really I don't
think it works.
MHM Posted - 28/07/2005 : 15:35:57
Just referring back to Waxburn about credits for drummers. It's true that they are often passed over by the 'main' writers in bands and seldon get their dues, but one band that springs to mind is Led Zep. Bonham got credits for Good Times, Bad Times and his mental drumming on Out On The Tiles - what a great track! - among others. Mooney with the Who got a couple too. Densmore Doors. Though they did split credits for an album or two but realising it caused friction in the band (Arthur are you reading this) they decided to go back to co-writing everything. If everyone gets an even split, then no-one - or everyone - ends up in the poor house. Some artists do put a seperate credit on the sleeve, should the lyricist want it known that it's his poetry on top etc. Whatever keeps the peace is always the answer.

And for those that hadn't noticed, the Bryan MacLean site is receiving a much overdue facelift. All the pages except the homepage and gallery are pretty much done and I've got permission to whack some clips of rarities on there, so do keep a check on the site.

If anyone has pics, reviews, write-ups of any sort relating to the original band - Torben is doing a fine job where the current band are concerned - or anything else, please get in touch.

cheers Chris

www.BryanMacLean.com www.ZENuk.com www.MileHighMusic.co.uk
Allan Posted - 28/07/2005 : 14:47:34
Susan B.

11/48-I'm a Scorpio!

Allan
Susan B. Posted - 28/07/2005 : 07:19:37
Allan:

I wrote my post before I read your's adressed to me. You are totally on my wave length. My husband and his brothers were brought up to be bullies so I am very familiar with that syndrome. (funny my brothers are so mello.) What sign are you?
Susan B. Posted - 28/07/2005 : 07:13:11

I just got back in town Monday Night. We took our son up to one of the northern counties and settled him into college at Humboldt State University. It was so cool with young hippies living in the park. I talked to them and they were so full of Love. I ended up giving some a couple of $'s. It was like the Haight in 1967 before hard drugs raised it's ugly head. Wish I could have been there.

Sunday Night we stayed in Monterey, CA (the pop festival - the one that Arthur didn't want to play) at 10:30 P.M. we were at the entrance to the pier and Arthur walked by. It was cold and he was wearing a black coat (like a Pea Coat with a hood.) He flashed on me and then I flashed on him. (That is a total look of recognition.) He also was carrying a guitar case and had a dog (it could have been a pit bull. He carried it on a rope Leash of some sort. My daughter and husband were with me or I would have followed him. (could not do my husband bites and my daughter has hysterics)

If it wasn't Arthur, he must have a double. How many people look like Arthur?

P.S.: Arthur is 60 or 61 yrs old. He has had a substance abuse problem for a long time. He needs to rest. He has a lot of bagage.
I think that he needs to cut back on his schedule. Guys his age don't tour as much as he has since 2002. In the mean time it doesn,t sound as if you really need him. You have Johnny and that is so cool. Keeping a low profile and chillin in Arizona and New York. He is the second Love member that epitomized the flavor of the band and the era that it was created.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page