Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 BBC 4: Jac Holzman on Love

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikeb Posted - 09/10/2014 : 12:51:33
From BBC Four Documentary - The Man Who Recorded America - Jac Holzman and Electra Records. Jac talks about the great band Love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A-kR9BMnmY
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
underture Posted - 10/10/2014 : 19:46:00
Completely agree. What I don't understand is what is the benefit of perpetuating these untruths? Arthur is no longer with us; his genius during LoVE is there for all to see. But he didn't operate in a vacuum. The contributions of the other band members (and Botnick, Hassinger, Angel, Holzman, ....) was a necessity to complete Arthur's visions. It's almost like there is some sort of perverse need to put down the rest of the guys. Can't comprehend why...

And it isn't just Jac and Bruce. I was re-reading the liner notes to the expanded FC CD and the writer went on about how LoVE couldn't compete with the Who or Hendrix. Really? Did he not bother to listen to Johnny's solos on "House/Motel", "Live/Let Live" or "Your Mind"? Or Michael on "Revelation"? If anything, LoVE had the ability to span different musical tempos and colors better than most. OK, enough with the rant.

You set the scene
lemonade kid Posted - 09/10/2014 : 21:00:12
quote:
Originally posted by underture

Wonderful program, but again Jac perpetuates the myth that LoVE was just Arthur and some sideman. If Arthur could have played the instruments as well as Jac said he would have done his songs by himself. I really wish Jac and Bruce Botnick would cease with these loose statements.

You set the scene

It is odd to hear that about Arthur's multi-instrumentalist genius...he could barely play guitar in the 60's Love. he improved over the decades but not to genius levels. Isn't it enough that Arthur was one of the most gifted singer/songwriter/arrangers on the planet?!!

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
underture Posted - 09/10/2014 : 19:26:04
Wonderful program, but again Jac perpetuates the myth that LoVE was just Arthur and some sideman. If Arthur could have played the instruments as well as Jac said he would have done his songs by himself. I really wish Jac and Bruce Botnick would cease with these loose statements.

You set the scene
lemonade kid Posted - 09/10/2014 : 17:08:04
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

From BBC Four Documentary - The Man Who Recorded America - Jac Holzman and Electra Records. Jac talks about the great band Love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A-kR9BMnmY

Here is the full BBC 4 Special...watch, enjoy & save it before BBC pulls it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Ah29OWpUk

My favorite 60's label if it is possible to choose.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page