Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Love as "teen idols"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
abraxas Posted - 14/09/2014 : 20:28:34
In the 21st century context do you consider the guys "teen idols". I mean in the 1960s I had read somewhere they were on teenage girl magazines and teen magazines in the US. Maybe female fans fan posters of the guys from Love alongside posters of the Beatles or the Rolling Stones. The guys in Love were in the late teens to early 20s. They weren't ugly I assume if they female fans.

And if the guys from Love were in their teens in the 2010s I bet they still be classified as "teen idols". I mean with the 21st century advances in music recording and instruments it would've been interesting to see how this band could've been. I mean they probably've been better than Justin Beiber and any "corporate pop band". I mean Justin Beiber is not even in the same league as the guys from Love, and is not good even to hold their instruments.

This is the time and life that I am living
And I'll face each day with a smile
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lemonade kid Posted - 19/09/2014 : 14:44:26
quote:
Originally posted by ed the bear

"by the mid 60's the back covers of LPs were the best way to be informed about a band."

My senior year in High School (1967) I wrote a research paper using liner notes as most of my reference sources. Teacher was not amused.

HA! Good one, Ed! I would have enjoyed reading it!

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
ed the bear Posted - 19/09/2014 : 09:07:58
"by the mid 60's the back covers of LPs were the best way to be informed about a band."

My senior year in High School (1967) I wrote a research paper using liner notes as most of my reference sources. Teacher was not amused.
lemonade kid Posted - 15/09/2014 : 15:27:21
I don't know about 30 so much, except Dylan and such.

When Revolver or Peppers came out I was 15 and 16 and bought pretty exclusively LPs. I saved what i could -- every weekend looked for a new release--at the cost of around $2.50 for mono-$3.25 for stereo. That's why I have so many OLD valuable mono LPs still.

And of course no one knew anything about a favorite band except through radio or fanzines. So everyone who was into music was about as equally informed. The real fans whether teens or 20's knew as much as could be found. And some of us obsessed teenage wannabe musicians we very well informed--we lived and breathed music.

I had a 200 page Dylan songbook, Beatles fanzines, and by the mid 60's the back covers of LPs were the best way to be informed about a band.

The music industry was definitely teen driven in the 60's...14 to 20 years old..just look the old Beatles films or Ed Sullivan--those weren't older college kids or 27 year olds chasing the Fabs around. And many bands were teens or just early 20's themselves so we could relate.

When I was thirteen as into rock as anyone- the Beatles hit the states...in fact as a grade schooler, a friend and I would comb our hair in the boys restroom (ha! ha!) singing some new song we had just heard on the radio. Duke Duke Duke of Earl! It was a different world and we didn't have the internet youtube or silly internet games to get lost in. Bio's could only be had in a fanzine & no underground FM yet. Just little AM transistor radios!

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
abraxas Posted - 14/09/2014 : 21:48:43
They were teen idols and they probably had college fans. College fans(18-30 age well assume) leaned more on albums rather than just buying the 45 single that the younger kids had. The college age baby boomers had a bit more spending money and probably bought Love albums alongside their Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper albums.

lemonade kid Posted - 14/09/2014 : 21:08:33
quote:
Originally posted by abraxas

In the 21st century context do you consider the guys "teen idols". I mean in the 1960s I had read somewhere they were on teenage girl magazines and teen magazines in the US. Maybe female fans fan posters of the guys from Love alongside posters of the Beatles or the Rolling Stones. The guys in Love were in the late teens to early 20s. They weren't ugly I assume if they female fans.

And if the guys from Love were in their teens in the 2010s I bet they still be classified as "teen idols". I mean with the 21st century advances in music recording and instruments it would've been interesting to see how this band could've been. I mean they probably've been better than Justin Beiber and any "corporate pop band". I mean Justin Beiber is not even in the same league as the guys from Love, and is not good even to hold their instruments.

What 60's band WASN"T a teenage idol?! Sure they overlapped into college fans, but yeah...teen idols.

-Aldous Huxley

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page