Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Bryan and Townes Van Zandt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
abraxas Posted - 12/09/2014 : 05:58:25
This could've been a really good singer-songwriting duo. Not sure if anyone from Europe has heard of Townes Van Zandt. He's from Texas and he's sort of like Gram Parsons with the country rock.

Bryan's folk/acoustic/Broadway influences nd Towne's country/American/roots rock would've been a well diverse styles of music.

It would've been interesting to be if Townes, Maria McKee, and Bryan could've been a good roots/Americana supergroup. They could've been somewhat like Lady Antebellum with Maria doing lead vocals. Google "Lady Anbtebellum" if anyone is unfamiliar with them.

This is the time and life that I am living
And I'll face each day with a smile
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
abraxas Posted - 14/09/2014 : 06:40:36
@lemonade kid 1990s seem a bit similar to Towns and Bryan. They started to have a bit of a comeback in their music. Towns started to get a bit of the royalties from people covering his songs, and doing some gigs and tv apperances. Bryan starting to receive royalties from his songs, and was in the process of a comeback when he starting to do record his own original music.

lemonade kid Posted - 13/09/2014 : 15:05:37
quote:
Originally posted by abraxas

I didn't know Towns did shows in Europe I think it was in the 90s he went over there. I thought he just played in run-down bars and club and lived that nomadic life of driving and just staying at 10 dollar a night motels.

He had a comeback of sorts and even appeared on US television. He made quite a bit of money in the 90's off other artists covering his tunes but he gave it all to his ex-wife and kids...didn't keep any for himself.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley
abraxas Posted - 12/09/2014 : 20:32:45
I didn't know Towns did shows in Europe I think it was in the 90s he went over there. I thought he just played in run-down bars and club and lived that nomadic life of driving and just staying at 10 dollar a night motels.

abraxas Posted - 12/09/2014 : 17:12:30
@lemonade kid. I think it would've worked in the 80s when Maria was starting to get noticed. Towns and Bryan could've been in some Americana-Country rockesque supergroup. If you are familiar with the group Lady Antebellum you would know what I'm talking about. Maria could've been doing the lead vocals as how Hillary Scott, with Townes and Bryan doing backing vocals and instrumentation.

lemonade kid Posted - 12/09/2014 : 15:22:24
You'd be surprised how many UK and world fans there are...I'd say he may be more well known "over there" than HERE!

But can't see Townes really teaming up with anyone. His music called for a lonely kind of solo treatment. But that would be an intriguing pairing for sure.

Who'd a thought that Janis Joplin and Tom Jones would perform so amazingly together in live duos!

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".

-Aldous Huxley

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page