Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Black Beauty CD on pre-order

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikeb Posted - 02/01/2014 : 19:30:10
Shipping this month, so they say.
http://www.highmoonrecords.com/shop/
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joe Morris Posted - 01/03/2014 : 16:45:11
wonder if Midnight Records is still there in NYC - used to get the Castle there continuously

So.. is it a good package? The sound is pretty good I bet, and its an ok album (certainly better than Love Lost, which I tend to listen to only for the acoustic numbers)
but I was waiting for Gethsemene!

I doubt it'll sell by this point, personally, as it was supposed to have seen release ages ago. I don't know why they would have it being reviewed in decent rags like Record Collector if it wasn't gonna see release any time soon by then

I hope I'm wrong on this point. I WANT to see Real to Reel to see release, and any newly discovered Love/solo material

I'm just surprised it took them so long to get to the cd - why have that released AFTER the vinyl?

Seems to be a waste of good reviews, unfortunately. It has gotten good reviews (most recently I've read was in Ugly Things - in the Echols issue - that was THREE years ago and it was reviewing the forthcoming cd release of Black Beauty and Three Sides (Gene Clark)

I don't know if the Gene Clark is out - I'm sure Scott would like that, though I've still not gotten to listening to No Other
ruxprncd Posted - 01/03/2014 : 16:33:23
"on Monday I get the ones for the western states and countries"?! too funny...these guys are hopelessly inept.
Joe Morris Posted - 01/03/2014 : 16:29:27
If only I had the bread!
mikeb Posted - 01/03/2014 : 10:39:10
From High Moon Records Facebook page 9 hours ago:

The Love 'Black Beauty' CD's arrived in NYC today, on Monday I get the ones for the western states and countries. Pre-orders ship out worldwide next week.

They have posted a photo of the CD's as well.
https://www.facebook.com/HighMoonRecords
Joe Morris Posted - 06/01/2014 : 18:57:10
Nothing is a good track though

also a new Beatles BBC release out called On Air - Volume 2. The earlier BBC set from the early 90s has been remastered also

I'm trying to find the extended Tune In - impossible here in the States! as rare as trying to find Norman Smiths John Lennon Called Me Normal!
ruxprncd Posted - 06/01/2014 : 05:23:38
JM - Thanks for the info re: Tune In...didn't even know about the book.

I don't think they would bother to include material with 'appalling' sound quality. We'll find out soon :).
Joe Morris Posted - 04/01/2014 : 19:09:36
Interesting

Nothing really too great though - bet the audio quality on the 70s tracks (live Nothing) is appalling, judging from my own recordings (Starwood, etc) from 1975 and around then..

Anyone know if the extended Tune In book on the Beatles is seeing a US release? books probably the best on the band
mikeb Posted - 04/01/2014 : 18:44:23
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

oh! I was just about to ask after this coming out on cd! any idea of the bonus tracks?

Click the link Joe, they're listed.
Joe Morris Posted - 04/01/2014 : 18:28:12
oh! I was just about to ask after this coming out on cd! any idea of the bonus tracks?

hope all are well and enjoying that the holiday is FINALLY over! I was working for the Salvation Army this past Christmas and have had my fill of the holiday (until next Yule, undoubtedly!)
bigrubberglove Posted - 03/01/2014 : 20:54:48
I just bought. Glad to see the bonus material and 60-page booklet but the cost at over $30 is pricey (inc. shipping and tax)!

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page