Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Old Man

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
abraxas Posted - 14/07/2012 : 03:54:29
Is this song about Bryan's dad or stepdad? I wasn't sure. I've heard that both of them were kind of pricks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
abraxas Posted - 20/07/2012 : 03:10:30
If this song is about Bryan's dad or step dad, then its sort of a funny ironic song. I'm not sure if Bryan hated their guts because they were sort of were pricks to him when he was a kid(according to Bryan's mom in a interview she gave a few years back they sort of were).

This is the time and life that I am living
And I'll face each day with a smile
rocker Posted - 17/07/2012 : 14:27:16
If this isn't about Bryan's dad or step dad, could the "Old Man" be about Jesus or God

Interesting after reading his lyrics. Come to think of it I'd suggest it's probably the closest thing to 'religion' as such on the record and Bryan made it. 'Seeing the light' brings that out. I'm not sure how religion did or didn't play a part with the others.
abraxas Posted - 17/07/2012 : 00:10:16
If this isn't about Bryan's dad or step dad, could the "Old Man" be about Jesus or God. I'm not sure if this song would considered a "psychedelic Christian rock" song.
rocker Posted - 16/07/2012 : 21:06:30
so hey any dads out there???? It's an interesting occupation. I can tell ya stories!!!..I'm the 'old man' now.....;-)...
lemonade kid Posted - 16/07/2012 : 19:09:39
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Or he represents "wisdom" ...what we all hopefully gain as we become "Old men"....tapping into our inner old man.

And another thing on "old men"....didn't BSW&T say the "child is father to the man????"....

Yeah...that's what I mean, rocker!

HIGH ALL THE TIME...
-Mad River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PCzH-K1hg
rocker Posted - 16/07/2012 : 18:30:45
Or he represents "wisdom" ...what we all hopefully gain as we become "Old men"....tapping into our inner old man.

And another thing on "old men"....didn't BSW&T say the "child is father to the man????"....
lemonade kid Posted - 16/07/2012 : 18:01:08

Children are wise and then we seem to lose ourselves for a few decades, looking for that lost innocence & innate wisdom...some never regain it, some never bother to search...but it's in there, somewhere.

HIGH ALL THE TIME...
-Mad River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PCzH-K1hg
underture Posted - 16/07/2012 : 16:31:31
Maybe of combo of both, or a subliminal reference to the god of christianity?

You set the scene

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page