Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 A typical Love concert

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
abraxas Posted - 10/07/2012 : 22:56:40
What would've a typical Love concert would've been in '66 or '67? I meant what songs were played. I assumed a majority of the people that went to their shows were teens or college age and they might've experiemented with the herbs.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
underture Posted - 16/07/2012 : 22:47:02
quote:
Originally posted by The Freedom Man

This is what Michael said about it:

After I joined up and we recorded Da Capo (in the Fall of '66), the band continued to play some of the tunes from the first album onstage, like "My Flash On You", "My Little Red Book", "Signed D.C.", and "Softly To Me" and then added some of the tunes from Da Capo, like "7&7 Is", "Stephanie Knows Who," "Orange Skies", "She Comes In Colors," and "John Lee Hooker" ("Revelation", which took up quite a bit of the set.)

http://www.thefreedomman.com/
PRESS THE LINK!

Thanks for the quote Ed. I wonder if the band still kept the Da Capo songs that were heavily flute/sax/keyboard influenced after Tjay and Snoopy left and reworked them to a five piece ensemble or cut them out? If only there were some bootlegs available....

You set the scene
The Freedom Man Posted - 16/07/2012 : 21:10:48
This is what Michael said about it:

After I joined up and we recorded Da Capo (in the Fall of '66), the band continued to play some of the tunes from the first album onstage, like "My Flash On You", "My Little Red Book", "Signed D.C.", and "Softly To Me" and then added some of the tunes from Da Capo, like "7&7 Is", "Stephanie Knows Who," "Orange Skies", "She Comes In Colors," and "John Lee Hooker" ("Revelation", which took up quite a bit of the set.)

http://www.thefreedomman.com/
PRESS THE LINK!
underture Posted - 16/07/2012 : 16:30:32
Michael has stated that during his time behind the drum kit that mostly first album songs were what they did, which is logical since Tjay and Snoopy's tenure's were brief and they couldn't produce an orchestra to participate in any possible FC concert songs.

You set the scene

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page