Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Your Mind And We Belong Together music video

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
abraxas Posted - 07/07/2012 : 20:34:49
I have a few questions about this "music video".

1. What was the point of having this music video filmed? The band was portrayed in a negative way. Arthur was bsing around 90 percent of the whole film making smirks and grins and just drving around; the rest of the guys were high or drunk like Bryan. I'm not sure why the director wanted to film the band that way

2. When was the filmed? I assume in the Spring of 1968
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
abraxas Posted - 23/07/2012 : 03:50:45
The music video pretty much speaks for it self on the state of the band in Spring 1968. I'm not sure if everyone was just high in the video, or if they all hated each other.

This is the time and life that I am living
And I'll face each day with a smile
John9 Posted - 22/07/2012 : 18:22:55
Some of this I think, inspired the song Dream....on Four Sail.
mikeb Posted - 22/07/2012 : 12:58:46
quote:
Originally posted by abraxas

The only "East Coast" show they did in 1968 was just at Steve Paul's Scene Club. So about May-June 1968. If that is about right, that music video really showed how toasted everyone was.

Having checked Michael's book again can be more exact. After the New York dates they were due to play Miami Pop Festival on May 18. Arthur flew back to L.A. after the New York gigs, rest of band went to Miami. Arthur then rang the band on the morning of the Miami gig, when he was supposed to have arrived, saying that the promoter had promised them top billing. He'd seen a poster with The Mothers of Invention as top billing so had decided not to do the gig. They took a flight back to LA on the afternoon of the 18th.

The morning after they got back Arthur called about the film and told them to be at his house at noon the next day, so the footage was shot May 20.

abraxas Posted - 22/07/2012 : 03:53:39
The only "East Coast" show they did in 1968 was just at Steve Paul's Scene Club. So about May-June 1968. If that is about right, that music video really showed how toasted everyone was.

John9 Posted - 21/07/2012 : 18:45:33

I'm sure I remember somewhere in John Tobler's writings (perhaps the liner notes for Love Comes In Colours)that Bryan had told him that he knew nothing of the making of Your Mind and We......perhaps it really is true what people say about the 60s!
mikeb Posted - 21/07/2012 : 18:11:21
Michael Stuart Ware's book has an account of the filming. It took place after Love got back from their East Coast tour in 1968 so spring.

UCLA film department had contacted Arthur saying they wanted to do a documentary on the band. Elektra said they could use some of the footage to promote the single.

Bryan, Johnny, Kenny and Michael arrived in two cars at Arthur's house at 11.55 a.m. Tim and David from UCLA film school were already there. They said that they'd knocked on Arthur's door but no answer. They then outlined what footage they planned to shoot that day and said that others would be shooting further footage hoping to complete by the end of the week.

Some time later Arthur's Porsche drew up. He discussed things with everybody then placed his hand on the doorknob, looked down, pushed it and it swung open.

He then said "Did one of you m*****f*****s go into my house when I was gone?"

Tim said seeing the door was open when he got no response he opened it and called out for Arthur, realised he wasn't home and went back outside to wait. He apologised and said he hoped he hadn't done anything wrong.

Arthur began yelling saying wrong didn't cover it, dangerous did because if someone had come into his house uninvited he would have gone for his gun and that they were lucky to be alive.

After the yelling he began to open drawers, examine vases etc etc and told everyone to go outside and wait.

He came outside and said that there was a $20 bill on the kitchen counter that was no longer there and asked them whether they'd taken it. They said no, he said well no one else has been in the house but it was too late to worry about it, smiled and said lets get on with the filming.

All of this took 15 minutes.

They filmed some footage, Michael says he thought they'd watched too many Monkees episodes with what they'd asked them to do.

David then told everyone that they'd got some great footage and they would call back and fix some additional times. Of course they never did.

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page